Puppy Training Q&A

K9Latino

Tourist
I was just feedback on when to start training a male dog and get tips and tricks on how.

For example, I read once somewhere that you should try to create the same setting when playing sexually so that he doesn't try to hump you or people all the time. Like always wear the same outfit or play a specific song.

What do you all think?

They will relate to certain stimuli But nothing is for certain as to what they do in front of other people. If you train them with a certain song what do you think they will do when out in public and that songs comes on the radio? What you have to do is to train them that when you say no it is no. And it's different with every dog. I have one boy that gets a little aggressive when I'm on the rag but my other boy seems not to be affected.
All that being said you really have to make sure that you are the leader and that your commands are to be followed. OR You have to be the Alpha in the pack...

None of my dogs were really very interested until they were around 18 months old. It could be sooner but with most dogs that I know about it was at least a year.
Any younger and they seem to think its a game and that will probably leave you frustrated.

They will relate to certain stimuli But nothing is for certain as to what they do in front of other people. If you train them with a certain song what do you think they will do when out in public and that songs comes on the radio? What you have to do is to train them that when you say no it is no. And it's different with every dog. I have one boy that gets a little aggressive when I'm on the rag but my other boy seems not to be affected.
All that being said you really have to make sure that you are the leader and that your commands are to be followed. OR You have to be the Alpha in the pack...
Rag?

I don't really believe in the "alpha of the pack" thought process. It implies dominance when it's not really about dominance. It's really more about trust, and you build that trust through play.

It is really easier to think of it as teaching your dog to enjoy taking verbal instruction from you. Train the dog on complex verbal commands and even to pick out those commands from conversational sentences.

For one instance of teaching a dog to parse conversationally delivered commands, you start with "sit," but then you graduate the dog to understanding, "I would like you to sit down, please." The dog will most likely never really understand much beyond "sit," but he'll understand that the rest of that pattern of mumbling is not as important as the "sit" command that is in the middle of it. Well, I am only giving you an example, there, of only one kind of mentally challenging game that you could play with your dog. There's oodles of others. That in particular is useful, from my perspective, because this particular one helps you, a human, have greater faith in your animal's intelligence. If you have greater faith in your animal's intelligence, you will want to challenge him more, and if you challenge him more, then he will listen to you more consistently.

Believe in your animal's capacity for intelligence, and push him to think independently. Independent decision-making is something that a dog has tremendous but often deeply untapped capacity for. Train him to continue following through on a command when you are not watching him, such as by bouncing a ball deliberately around a corner so that he can only get the ball by going outside your line of sight: that way, he learns that he is still following your instructions when you can't see him and when he can't see you.

Most importantly, you should teach your dog to feel pleasure and happiness when taking verbal commands from you. Build up a lot of happy memories in your dog's head, so your dog will know that he's not in trouble just because you gave him an order; instead, he has another chance to impress you with how smart he is.

Your dog is just like any man: he will do anything to prove to you how cool and how smart he is. He will make a fool out of himself to prove that he is the coolest and smartest dog around. You always win if you give him a strategy for winning that always works for both of you.

As far as sexual training, just wait for him to mount your leg or your arm. When he mounts, take him to the room where you want to have sex with him in the future. Always do this whenever he mounts. Eventually, he will learn by association that that is the correct place to be whenever he mounts, and he will eventually just learn how to con you into going in there whenever he wants to fuck.

I have found that dogs are more interested in fucking after you have taken them for a brisk walk or a jog.

Last edited:
Back