Profiles without any description.

Although we know on this site we are looking to meet people and have friendship or something more, But it would be great to at least see a type of description or your gender on your profile so I think there is more opportunity to relate

Although we know on this site we are looking to meet people and have friendship or something more, But it would be great to at least see a type of description or your gender on your profile so I think there is more opportunity to relate
It couldn’t hurt to have an age/sex/preference/location under your username as an option for those who would want it. But there’s also lots of other avenues people use to disclose that info like their introduction page, their profile About Me section, or just in dms. But yeah, I think it could be a neat additional feature someday.

"We" are not looking to meet people. The identity of a random person on the other side of a keyboard doesn't matter anymore here than it does on any other website.

It couldn’t hurt to have an age/sex/preference/location under your username
No, this is not a dating site. If you use it like it, that is your decision, but it is not designed to be one.
Your profile allows you to set your location and you can use your signature and about page to show whatever else you want but adding dating specific fields is very unlikely to happen.
Let alone that most people do not want to show their correct age, gender or location.

Last edited:
Mine already includes all the information about me and my life that I am willing to share with the rest of the internet. 👍

No, this is not a dating site. If you use it like it, that is your decision, but it is not designed to be one.
Your profile allows you to set your location and you can use your signature and about page to show whatever else you want but adding dating specific fields is very unlikely to happen.
Let alone that most people do not want to show their correct age, gender or location.
That’s fair. I understand where you’re both coming from. This definitely isn’t a dating site. Although many people seem to think if you’re on here, you’re looking to smash. 🤭 I can see if something like that was implemented, it would tilt things more to that genre of website and it would kinda overflow every thread with people just looking for dates instead of appreciating conversations and shared content.

When I first signed up, I had no idea what to expect, and I have been lucky to interact with some great people and learn a lot. I'd love to meet some of them in person one day, but not because of sex; it would be because of common interests, and I think they would be a good friend to have.

Back