Pervert

Is the word pervert a badge of honor to you? Does the word have a negative connotation in your mind?
Pervert definitely has a negative connotation in my head. Pervert I understand to be someone who wants to fuck everything and everyone and will fuck his neighbours wife and looks at young girls on the beach etc. A pervert is someone who should have his manhood removed.

As a zoophile I would DEFINITELY not call myself a pervert and would rearrange the face of anyone who called me one.

For me like @Cookiecaretaker said it's normal, in comparison to the other "sexualities" it's just one more and a little more different than the rest. Love is love so long as nobody gets hurt or abused.

Use a dictionary.

pervert.
NOUN[ˈpərˌvərt]
  1. a person whose sexual behavior is regarded as abnormal and unacceptable.​

Negative term indeed though nowhere as specific as you stated.

There are many things that were once considered perverted, but have since become more accepted by society. As time goes on, people's attitudes and beliefs can change, and what was once considered unacceptable may become widely accepted. This can be seen in a variety of areas, such as relationships, fashion, and even language.

Because that's a true statement, many zoo's believe someday, being zoo will be acceptable.

Things that once upon a time were considered taboo or perverted, but no longer:
- Being openly gay. Eventually, LGBTQ+
- Interracial relationships
- Tattoos
- Revealing clothing. In fact, there was a point in time where a woman showing her ankles was considered "highly offensive" and often, "perverted"
- Drug use. While many drugs are still illegal, marijuana is now legal in many places
- Having children out of wedlock
- Crossdressing is far more acceptable than it once was.
- Many kinks too.
- Swinging is still taboo, but far less so than it was 30 years ago.

etc.

Hope that helps.
Yea I'm with you, a lot of things have more connotations to them than what's in the dictionary. Since the term "pervert" is really only a factual description of someone with "abnormal sexual practices" it shouldn't offend anyone with "abnormal" sexual practices.

Therefor by that definition all gay people, bisexual people, people who enjoy anal, BDSM, LGBTQHDMILGTV etc. all fall under the pervert blanket as even in 2023 everyone who doesn't put human penis in human vagina in missionary position at 8pm with the lights off is viewed as "abnormal"

Nobody in their right mind would enjoy being called a pervert. See Quagmire in family guy for reference😅

Unless their "abnormal sexual practices" are very different from each other.

Once upon a time that was true. These days, far less so. It also depends what people - geography and culture - we're observing the opinions of.

What's acceptable in NYC covers a wider range than what you would see in Syria.

Of course not.
I 100% agree with you.

But once you start to address something that can be measured by degree (ie: how weird is your sexual orientation) it becomes very difficult to argue a specific point of view.

As you've rightly said, things that were once taboo are not so today and while that trend may continue to the point where almost nothing is abnormal I think it will be veeery long time before zoophilia is accepted and normalised. So unfortunately in today's age the majority of the users on this forum, if caught, would be found guilty of sexual deviance, crimes against nature etc. regardless of geography. Maybe one or two places in Mexico or south America might be OK with the occasional donkey dong but most places would object🙂😂

I think if you had to ask a group of people who didn't have a dictionary handy to describe a hypothetical pervert that their descriptions would probably be similar to mine.

Anyways to answer the question of the OP: I do not wear the label "pervert" as a badge of honour and yes, the word has a shitty meaning in my understanding of it. 🙂

Right, because why is one thing OK but something else is not OK? There's a potential whiff of hypocrisy.
Everyone is right in their own mind🙂 It's not a question of it being "ok" or not. It's not normal, and I doubt it will ever be "normal". If zoophilia is ever normalised within my lifetime I'll eat my hat. I'm not trying to say what I'm into is ok or justifiable. I just don't even think there's any "crime" that needs justifying. Just like being gay in the 50s, I do my thing without hurting a soul and I obviously don't go shouting it from the corner of every street. Do I think "our thing" is OK and being gay is not OK? No I don't. Different maybe? Yes.
Maybe. If I were to ask my friends their definition would be probably very similar to mine, whereas they wouldn't be as specific as you were.

Though, many of my friends are kinksters so they've likely put some thought into it because they're kinky. People tend to think about and analyze things which affect them or are important to them.
It's interesting that being a "kinkster" will affect the amount of thought you give to the word "pervert." Do you mean kinky as in tickling eachother soles with a feather or kinky as in letting their dog knot them?

Before today the word pervert had never even crossed my mind before, I was simply answering a question and not sure how this conversation began.

agreed.

That's the thing... kinky means something to you, it means something to me. Might not be the same realm of things.

Me, well, I've dabbled with ropeplay, light bondage, some impact play. That's my kind of kinky. Dogsex too of course.
I'm with you, the dictionary definition for Kinky is "unusual sexual behaviour" 😂 By that term I think we all fit the bill.
In contrast, a friend of mine is into hard-core bondage under the master/slave type of umbrella. Her boyfriend and slave is similar, and they've boxed him up in a variety of ways over the years and stored him overnight in closets and corners, but also in warehouses and other places. A few years ago they got into shipping - where he was packed like an object or a product, loaded as cargo on a truck, and shipped somewhere. Literally.

Kinky, just not my kind of kinky. Yet, it's all kinky.
Wow that's interesting! Whatever he's into haha. And in contrast I don't like any of that but I have what I like to think is a perfectly normal heterosexual relationship, except my partner has four legs and not two. Here on this forum? Totally normal. Out there in the world? Fucked up🙂
I probably just made a comment as I often do, and we talked about it for a while. All good.
All good, that's what forums are for haha.

To be honest I think it's a tough subject to address because there's so little research and knowledge on zoophilia that there aren't enough resesrchers or studies to find out exactly where we all stand on the scale. But I'm sure things will become clearer as information is now so widely available in this golden Internet age. 🙂♥️

I would say that I am definitely kinky and more in the “experienced kink” section of things. I don’t like the word pervert. To me it’s kind of derogatory. My tastes might not be liked by everyone - or acceptable under current society’s standards. However, the word pervert is more designed to inflame and ostracize an individual.

Shame is a very powerful emotion and it can cut deep through the skin. I’d rather come from an area of compassion and understanding. Unless your “kink” involves hurting others - that’s not acceptable under any circumstances and violates the principle of safe, sane, and consensual.

It’s a negative word, in my mind. “To pervert” is to alter or warp something into something it was never supposed to be or “shouldn’t be” and I just don’t see sex and sexuality as anything “warped”. It’s a perfectly natural and common thing that every living thing in existence has and on top of that who are we to declare what is or is not supposed to be “proper sexuality”? Height of arrogance right there.

Is the word pervert a badge of honor to you? Does the word have a negative connotation in your mind?
People close to me call me that, and I love it. I guess for me, going against society in ways that don’t hurt anyone feels amazing and freeing.

Back