Obedience Training With Masturbation

jitaro

Lurker
I have a 2yo male Siberian Husky. Trying to teach him basic obedience commands but he is so hyper. Try to get him lots of exercise so he'll be somewhat worn out when we try to teach him things but he seems to have endless energy. I have an idea that I would like to know if anyone has tried. I was thinking of convincing the wife to jack him off first then see if he is more focused on listening afterwards. I know I'm more focused after I cum so I'm hoping this would work for him. I would like to hear someone speak from actual experience to help encourage the wife this will be greatly beneficial and make training him easier. I think this would be more humane than using a shock collar or choke chain. She's played around with him naked before, let him sniff her etc so if there is a definite benefit to this strategy she might be willing.

In my experience the issue you will run into if you positively reinforce in such a way is he will eventually start to "demand" being jacked off before he listens. This can be any behavior from merely waiting, rolling on back or side and not moving until jacked (if thats the position you use) or simply giving up and refusing to listen if he hasnt been touched in a certain period of time. It would be helpful to know exactly what commands you would like him to learn.

Probably not your best method.

you want your dog to also be able to "preform" publicly. that's not gonna be possible if ya gotta jerk off yer dog to get him to "do" anything.
your best bet is still going to be the "reward" method (treats, toy, whatever) but pinning those "commands" on a sexual reward, is going to only bite you in the ass in the long run.

Maybe even literally.

My thought process was not to reward him with being jacked off but help him get that release so then when we try to train him to sit,stay, etc. he will be more attentive. The major command he's struggling with right now is Stay. He wont sit still for more than two seconds. It doesnt sound like its a common method to get the dog calmed down so we may just keep trying the regular techniques. Thanks guys

IMHO: it's not a good Idea to involve sex in an animals initial training.
Now once you have the 7 basic commands mastered, then ya might play with "additional" training.
but from the onset. stick with the basic 7 commands. it'll make everything else seem simple once you have the dog
acclimated to command training.

My thought process was not to reward him with being jacked off but help him get that release so then when we try to train him to sit,stay, etc. he will be more attentive. The major command he's struggling with right now is Stay. He wont sit still for more than two seconds. It doesnt sound like its a common method to get the dog calmed down so we may just keep trying the regular techniques. Thanks guys

For something like stay i talk to them while doing an activity like brushing their coat or giving them a bath, something where they already will not be moving much just to get the idea across. Just talk to them normally to keep him attentive and listening and every other sentence or so just say "stay" you can reaffirm this with a firm push on his butt or back to signal to not move. Then of course you should have a fee treats on hand to reward good behavior. Huskies by nature have the highest energy level of all breeds ive worked with so just keep trying and you will get there. Repetition and reward.

Back