Newbie has a question...

• Thread starter KommissarHartmann
  • Start date
K

KommissarHartmann

Hey, I am a new member as I am somehow affected by this topic here.
I found out that somebody close to me is having sex with our dog. I will not say something as I saw that she really enjoys it.
My question is simple: can you get a (serious) illness (especially as the dog came inside her)?
Thanks in advance for your help!

The most possible ( though *very* remote ) problem could be an allergic reaction to doggie sperm. The only other problem is that she'll love the feeling of being a dog's willing bitch :)

I am asking because I have lost my wife due to cervical cancer and therefore I am a little bit anxious...

No, you can't. By and large.

see

There are three kinds of disease that can be transferred or acquired during sexual activities.

First, parasites/environmental diseases. Yeast is the most common and none of them really have much to do with the sexual partner other than as a vehicle into her body. The remedy is basic hygiene.

Second, bacteria. Bacteria can live on/in the sexual partner and are a little more serious. The good news is that they are easily treated by antibiotics and about the only one that dogs can share is Brucelosis and it is extremely rare.

Third, viruses. Virii are deadly shit, like HIV, but they are also very species specific. A dog can't carry Human immunodeficiency virus.

So, truthfully, you are in far more danger from disease mingling at you local bar than with any dog. And that is extra true for a dog that you live with and take to a vet for regular inoculation.

Always remember to keep the dog safe, clean, with his shots, dewormed and everything. Then it shouldn't be a problem. Check out on other threads and you'll see some answers

About the only disease (other than a parasite) that is communicable from a dog to a person is conjunctivitis (pink eye). But again, the risk is no greater than from a person who is infected. It's quite obvious if a dog has it even though you can't normally see the whites their eyes, they'll have a lot of discharge and their eye lids will be slightly swollen.
It might be possible to transmit STDs if the dog is being shared with others.

Let me thank you and commend you for being understanding about this. Not everyone is.
caikgoch explained things very well on the disease part.
I would like to add that you may want to talk to this person and let them know that you love them and accept their choices but that they should not share this with other people and to be discreet about it. In many places it is illegal and there are even doctors that may feel compelled to report things if they are told what is going on whether they are supposed to or not. So just make sure it does not get out.

Back