New Texas law in effect Jan. 18 lays out rules for tethering dogs outside

P

petgirllover

Not sure if there is already a thread created for my post but I’d like to share some good news for our canine companions particularly in USA

According to news reports circulating online, fox26houston.com has published an article regarding new laws which prohibit tethering/chaining dogs outside in Texas..

Tethering/chaining is known to have negative cognitive and physiological effects
in dogs. Studies have proven that dogs that are left unattended for long periods of time such as days or weeks can develop behavioural problems.

I hope this new legislation will be adopted in other states. Then hopefully in the near future practiced in other countries.

I would like to hear other members thoughts regarding the new laws. I value everyone’s opinion and look forward to your responses.

Seeing dogs tied like that is one of the most gut wrenching things I see done on a regularly basis. Like, if you decided to adopt a living breathing creature with emotions and decided to treat it like an object design for the purpose you see fit without any regards to its physical and mental well-being, you deserve to be sent to prison and never be allowed to care for another living creature ever again.

I’ve seen too many stories about dogs being abused like this where they are abandoned and succumb to the elements.

Glad you all approve of Government interference, especially as pushed by the ASPCA, and HSUS. You know...the "Send us Money NOW or this puppy will die" guys....and the other one, run by the guy who will be "glad when dogs go extinct, because theyre a man made species, and they don't belong here!", all the while driving his Ferrari to the lectures he gives.

Watch out....one day your kitten will sneeze, and the Animal police will seize it as evidence of abuse, and jail you.

I don't agree with that totally. Some people have hunting hounds and some only chain or put on run when at work or out. I agree messed up people that chain them up to act as security if anyone is around or they got tired of them but don't wanna give then to someone that wants to take care of them.

Glad you all approve of Government interference, especially as pushed by the ASPCA, and HSUS. You know...the "Send us Money NOW or this puppy will die" guys....and the other one, run by the guy who will be "glad when dogs go extinct, because theyre a man made species, and they don't belong here!", all the while driving his Ferrari to the lectures he gives.

Watch out....one day your kitten will sneeze, and the Animal police will seize it as evidence of abuse, and jail you.
Apples to oranges old man.

I volunteered at a shelter when I was in my 20s and man, there where some dogs that where chained for so long the chain collar seeped into their necks. Seen some die from sepsis and organ failure due to it. Im saying dogs that spend their whole lives on a chain 5 foot long. Im not talking about being put outside while at work. I have hunting dogs myself, I get it.

But for the people who abadon them on chains, left to starve and die from environment and disease. Dogs who never leave their yard because lazy fucks thought having a dog was cool.

Fuck those people, and fuck anyone who thinks its ok. I'd love to put them on a chain tied to a tree in our 110F degree summers and watch them whine, yelp, and beg all summer long.

Whatever you say....when it happens, dont say you weren't warned. Private property is still private.

Good thing they're closing in on these terrible people while 2300 fucking children are going missing daily in the US. THANK you for diligantly encroaching on more of our rights and criminalizing these mean mean people

You people are pathetic enough to give up your rights for safety.

Apples to oranges old man.

I volunteered at a shelter when I was in my 20s and man, there where some dogs that where chained for so long the chain collar seeped into their necks. Seen some die from sepsis and organ failure due to it. Im saying dogs that spend their whole lives on a chain 5 foot long. Im not talking about being put outside while at work. I have hunting dogs myself, I get it.

But for the people who abadon them on chains, left to starve and die from environment and disease. Dogs who never leave their yard because lazy fucks thought having a dog was cool.

Fuck those people, and fuck anyone who thinks its ok. I'd love to put them on a chain tied to a tree in our 110F degree summers and watch them whine, yelp, and beg all summer long.
I'd agree but being a Texan I'd say that we need to be sure the law isn't used as a way to harass the poor and minority.

Good thing they're closing in on these terrible people while 2300 fucking children are going missing daily in the US. THANK you for diligantly encroaching on more of our rights and criminalizing these mean mean people

You people are pathetic enough to give up your rights for safety.
Many "missing children" are people that run away due to abuse or neglect and no other good choices.

Yes but your dog should be and inside dog why leave him outside unless he a farm protector of livestock
On my area many of the families are crammed in like sardines into mobile homes and use the outside area for pets, livestock, cooking, and cleaning dishes. I'd they had the resources they probably would move the dog inside full time. As it is they only do it when it gets unpleasant outside.

Within what limits? How do you avoid the problem of a landholding class?
You let it be. Especially in Texas. They have a funny attitude about trespass there. Id be willing to bet a sawbuck that the first case under this law to be challenged in court will bust the law. If the State allows and encourages a person to put himself in mortal danger to, effectively, steal someone's Dog, then the State can pay the GSW bills and associated Funeral costs. Being Texas, the State will not accept that responsibility or the expense, and the law will be busted.

You let it be. Especially in Texas. They have a funny attitude about trespass there. Id be willing to bet a sawbuck that the first case under this law to be challenged in court will bust the law. If the State allows and encourages a person to put himself in mortal danger to, effectively, steal someone's Dog, then the State can pay the GSW bills and associated Funeral costs. Being Texas, the State will not accept that responsibility or the expense, and the law will be busted.
If I'm reading your response correctly you think that the courts will hold property rights above a cop's? I mean maybe if their white and rich.

The law should be about abuse. Being tethered out is not 'abuse'. This law is the same as outlawing zoophilia because it's a prelude to rape, pedophilia, serial murders. I had a dog that HAD to be tethered to be outside. She could climb a fence faster then you could blink. They also have laws that you can't have a dog outside in the cold.... she was a husky, and laying in the snow was one of her favorite things.

The law should be about abuse. Being tethered out is not 'abuse'. This law is the same as outlawing zoophilia because it's a prelude to rape, pedophilia, serial murders. I had a dog that HAD to be tethered to be outside. She could climb a fence faster then you could blink. They also have laws that you can't have a dog outside in the cold.... she was a husky, and laying in the snow was one of her favorite things.
What they mean is prolonged exposure to the elements not just a short time

The law in PA says 30 minutes in less then 32 degree weather. My sib would be panting in the sun in the 20's. She would curl up and take a nap on a snowbank for hours. Your one-size-fits-all law sucks rocks.

Yeah those TikToks about that are funny. Unfortunately the law will be administered by the biggest idiots and Karens in society.
The law in PA says 30 minutes in less then 32 degree weather. My sib would be panting in the sun in the 20's. She would curl up and take a nap on a snowbank for hours. Your one-size-fits-all law sucks rocks.

Back