New from Austin TX

Well howdy 'n welcome. You're in good company fella (and not just me, har har). There are others round these parts and much more of us in greater Texas -- we're a zoo-rich state -- but I do get to feelin' lonely, probably being the only farm owner 'round atx.

Hello and welcome to the community. Hopefully that curiosity will bloom into a beautiful passion that enriches your every day life. Good luck to you and enjoy yourself. 😁

Well howdy 'n welcome. You're in good company fella (and not just me, har har). There are others round these parts and much more of us in greater Texas -- we're a zoo-rich state -- but I do get to feelin' lonely, probably being the only farm owner 'round atx.
Wow you own a farm?

Yes sir, I sure do. Probably the only one in our area too. But just a small homestead, a few acres. Lonewolf of the lonestar state running a one-man show. Nothing in actual (profitable) ag production. Just been me and a smattering of animals over the years. Used to have cattle before the series of natural-disaster level droughts put the kibosh on pasture and hay. Now its dogs, pigs, and a jack donk for the moment. I'm on the fence about pulling up stakes and restarting this in the north, where there's water. If I stayed here, I'd want to bring cattle back on this place, but I'd need serious irrigation & pasture before it can happen again.

Yes sir, I sure do. Probably the only one in our area too. But just a small homestead, a few acres. Lonewolf of the lonestar state running a one-man show. Nothing in actual (profitable) ag production. Just been me and a smattering of animals over the years. Used to have cattle before the series of natural-disaster level droughts put the kibosh on pasture and hay. Now its dogs, pigs, and a jack donk for the moment. I'm on the fence about pulling up stakes and restarting this in the north, where there's water. If I stayed here, I'd want to bring cattle back on this place, but I'd need serious irrigation & pasture before it can happen again.
Wow that’s really cool. Sorry to hear about the drought hardships, sounds about right for Texas sadly.

Back