Neutered vs. Un-neutered

random__guy

Tourist
I want to get a male dog to mess around with, however I dont know if I should go with neutered or un-neutered. What is the difference. What are the pros and cons of each?

I realize that but what are the direct benefit of balls.
i'm not sure if you're being serious, but i'll bite. the obvious benefit would be having an unmutilated dog, if by "mess around" you mean sex then he kinda needs his balls for that...
also if this question is an example of how poor your knowledge of dogs is (well, basic anatomy of them anyway) i suggest not getting one before doing some thorough reading.

i'm not sure if you're being serious, but i'll bite. the obvious benefit would be having an unmutilated dog, if by "mess around" you mean sex then he kinda needs his balls for that...
also if this question is an example of how poor your knowledge of dogs is (well, basic anatomy of them anyway) i suggest not getting one before doing some thorough reading.

Males do Knot necessarily need balls for humping action. But i believe if they are snipped early in life they wont develop their knotty area. And I believe if a dog is snipped after puberty then you have a greater chance of possibly play.

I have got a snipped male to hump before, total swelling knot and all. But other then working the knot he really didnt care about playing. And he was fixed later in his life.

Yes Nekdoneco123! they can access the vast written resources on the site :D

Thanks for asking this! Cause I've been wondering the same thing! I've seen males who've been fixed hump and have knots. This is good info :) especially for people just getting interested

I've seen males who've been fixed hump and have knots.

The chance of the dog humping and knotting is so much lower than of an intact one. You may see it but chances are you wouldn't experience that.

Also you don't have nice balls to fondle with while cuddling lol

I want to get a male dog to mess around with, however I dont know if I should go with neutered or un-neutered. What is the difference. What are the pros and cons of each?

Boiled down to it's most basic reality:

A dog with no balls is a dog that's *ALMOST CERTAINLY* not interested in sex. He may tolerate being groped and fondled, but he's *EXTREMELY* unlikely to actually enjoy, or even care (beyond the annoyance of having to put up with you playing with his cock) about anything connected with sexual activity.

This isn't 100% true - there are the occasional exceptions. But realistically, you're talking about a ridiculously small number that will have any interest in sex, or do anything more than lay/stand there and tolerate your antics.

Which totally ignores the fact that "I want to get a dog so I can mess around with him" is *THE SINGLE SHITTIEST REASON IN THE WORLD* to get a dog. If you want a dildo to play with, go buy one, ferfucksake! At least when you get tired of it, you can just chuck it in a drawer and forget it's there without shipping it to the pound to be killed 'cause it no longer gets your rocks off.

Back