Neck biting

Love the name, though I may be biased. That aside, you definitely don't want to let yourself get bitten on the neck by any dog. The severity depends on the dog. My dog could easily kill me with a serious bite to the neck, but even a playful one could do intense harm, so he doesn't ever do more than nib.

While you may walk away at the moment from these kinds of bites with just mild concern, neck wounds are not at all a joking matter. Even immediately inconsequential ones can be dangerous given how many important things go on in your neck. You don't want teeth that long cutting a path for bacteria and the likes to get in, or you will have a shit time.

I've never had this issue myself, so I'm curious if anyone has an idea for how to deal with that kind of behaviour, as my thoughts only got me as far as making the action itself unpleasant. No matter what though, if the owner doesn't want the behaviour changed, it isn't worth putting yourself in harms way for.

Hi everyone

We have been seeing an owner who we met on Fetlife who has with a very experienced rottie and it’s going very well - the only problem is he keeps biting Sophie’s neck. At first it was very light but last night it was more aggressive (and during quite a long tie).

It was distracting for her and made it all less pleasurable. Any tips gratefully received.
Never happened to me, thank god x

Back