my dog refuse to eat dog food

Dogs are picky once they know they have something better on the menu. But I have never seen a dog starve to death next to a full bowl.
A carnivore can go a day without food in fact in zoos they do this to animals intentionally one day a week if I remember.
Leave your dog to get hungry. She is not going to die if she has something to eat. :D

But do not switch foods all of a sudden. If you switch from meat to dry food or from one brand to another too quickly, it might cause a diarrhea. Add it to the old food slowly over a few days and then switch.

Last edited:
Dogs are picky once they know they have something better on the menu. But I have never seen a dog starve to death next to a full bowl.
A carnivore can go a day without food in fact in zoos they do this to animals intentionally one day a week if I remember.
Leave your dog to get hungry. She is not going to die if she has something to eat. :D

But do not switch foods all of a sudden. If you switch from meat to dry food or from one brand to another too quickly, it might cause a diarrhea. Add it to the old food slowly over a few days and then switch.
thx a lot =)

i dont know why but now she only eat raw meat ... what should i do?
don't complain, and it's an excellent thing for her in return for feeding her exclusively industrial kibble for some very questionable compositions. For more than 5 years, I have been feeding a diet exclusively of raw meats, a little vegetables, fish, a real diet which is definitely more appropriate for a dog who is a carnivore.. continue like this and never change again 👍👍👍

Oh yes, that's the main speech from vets here when you ask about raw food "They will never eat dry food again"
It's not true, they will skip dry food because the good one will eventually arrive. Refusing it's a good thing, it means she isn't hungry. But after skipping 3-4 meals they will eat the dry food.
Also dry food should be wetted several minutes before or with warm water. Its dry to save weight on transportation, thus arriving to shelves on a good price. Not for the dog's wealth.

If your dog stops eating the regular diet for no reason, then its time to visit vet.
Some dogs do "diet" when they are in heat and partner cannot be found or there's in heat bitch nearby. On the other hand it could be serious like pyometra, stomach torsion or cancer.
Its kinda hard to tell what could be the case here with so little background info.

Back