My best friend

Looks like fun! I'd love to take the danes to the snow but they are typical couch potatoes and getting 2 in the same car is not possible lol.

What a cute doggo, love the exuberance of dogs just to express there happiness.

Does he go to the snow often, or was this his first time?

Looks like fun! I'd love to take the danes to the snow but they are typical couch potatoes and getting 2 in the same car is not possible lol.
Sounds like you need a bigger car or a small truck :gsd_grin: so you can fit the couch in as well. :gsd_laughing: Well they must travel in comfort after all.

I'm more going to need a moving truck sense they both have their favorite spots on the sectional couch
It's pretty early in the morning to use the force, but I will try to "sense" their favourite spots on the couch, closes my eyes and breathes out slowly. It's coming into focus now, that Dane likes the section over there and the other one prefers this comfy spot just here.

Sorry, I can never resist a good typo. :gsd_wink:

It's pretty early in the morning to use the force, but I will try to "sense" their favourite spots on the couch, closes my eyes and breathes out slowly. It's coming into focus now, that Dane likes the section over there and the other one prefers this comfy spot just here.

Sorry, I can never resist a good typo. :gsd_wink:
hah i didnt catch that one

What a cute doggo, love the exuberance of dogs just to express there happiness.

Does he go to the snow often, or was this his first time?
It really is amazing, just how happy he is all of the time. We're actually homeless and live in a 2 man tent in Idyllwild. It's pretty amazing though because he picks up on the days that I'm having a hard time keeping my spirits up and does the most random wacky stuff to make me laugh. And he likes to cuddle at night to keep me warm. It's amazing how much love they can give you and how well they can communicate it without ever speaking a word. I personally would love to be able to love someone so much that I'd never have to say a word and they'd feel it every single time they saw me. I really don't believe that I'd even be around if it wasn't for him, he's my best friend and my baby boy. I only hope that other people can feel the same amount of love that I feel from him on a daily basis :)

He's a really beautiful dog. But are you sure it's a good idea to be sharing the area you live in, your specific living situation, and have identifiable pictures/videos of your dog?

It really is amazing, just how happy he is all of the time. He picks up on the days that I'm having a hard time keeping my spirits up and does the most random wacky stuff to make me laugh. And he likes to cuddle at night to keep me warm. It's amazing how much love they can give you and how well they can communicate it without ever speaking a word. I personally would love to be able to love someone so much that I'd never have to say a word and they'd feel it every single time they saw me. I really don't believe that I'd even be around if it wasn't for him, he's my best friend and my baby boy. I only hope that other people can feel the same amount of love that I feel from him on a daily basis :)
That's a lot of amazing, but I can't disagree my GSD boy was my world also. And you say, you would love to love someone so much that they would feel it just by looking at you. I could be wrong, but I see a happy healthy dog who knows you love him that much already. :gsd_happysmile:

He's a really beautiful dog. But are you sure it's a good idea to be sharing the area you live in, your specific living situation, and have identifiable pictures/videos of your dog?
Yeah , I don't do anything with him , and no one wants to stalk a 37 year old homeless man lol. 😁.

That's a lot of amazing, but I can't disagree my GSD boy was my world also. And you say, you would love to love someone so much that they would feel it just by looking at you. I could be wrong, but I see a happy healthy dog who knows you love him that much already. :gsd_happysmile:
Thank you so much , that's the first really positive and uplifting thing anyone has said to me in some time . Thank you again 🥰

Thank you so much , that's the first really positive and uplifting thing anyone has said to me in some time . Thank you again 🥰
Your welcome, I was just calling it as I saw it. I also work with dogs and the way you have describe the connection with your dog speaks volumes. Not every dog and human have that bond, which can be a real problem when trying to do training, as if they don't want to work together as one it is never going to be successful. The dog has to want to do a task and the best way to achieve that is if the dog likes/loves the human and feels the human reciprocates through praise and loving actions. Some people buy there dog expensive toys and treats, but they never spend time with them, they're just an entertainment when the human wants to interact. Your dog gets to spend a good amount of quality time with you, even just taking them to nice places with smells to explore is something a lot of dogs enjoy. So things like living situation, cladding or canvas, it's still a roof over his head and your with him. Which is more important, as you simply being there for him as part of his pack to do stuff with and have a good life together is the key to dog happiness.

I had to do a very long day at a job years ago and was very late getting home, my GSD gave me a severe telling off verbally for being left alone for too long even though he had had his kong full of food to play with. He concluded his punishment for my absense by jumping up and grabbing my shirt with his teeth before dropping back to all fours again ripping my shirt open, as if to say there now lets see you go out and leave me again.

I did point out to him that now I had to go and get changed before we could go out for his walk, however the only thing he heard was "go for a walk" and had run off to get his favourite toy a football he like to carry when going out walking. but all was forgiven the pack was restored and a pleasant walk was had.

If it's any interest I have a story on here about my walks with my GSD.

Thank you so much for your kindness and all the information it's so true they hold grudges and everything. I've had a few other dogs before and by far this is the most connection I've ever felt to probably anything as deeply as I feel it. It's kind of a bummer though when you have a beautiful boy like him and the only thing it seems like other people want is to be gratified from him sexually and it's stupid it's shallow and in my opinion morally just not ok. That's where his humans that's where we lack the most sometimes I think is in our selfishness. My boy he's so selfless, it's crazy on cold nights he will actually curl up around my head or on my feet wherever I seem to be cold ,he's pretty intuitive with it. Lol. We had some really cold nights here recently where things dropped into the teens, and my buddy was telling me that without my boy he feels like I wouldn't be here but then again my buddy is also a worry wart LOL. I appreciate so much again the information you've given me as well as the kindness in the message. Everyone on this forum is absolutely amazing and for the first time in my life I feel accepted by the less furry if you will. My only wish is that someday I can start making responsible enough decisions to have a vehicle and be able to meet some of the wonderful people in this forum. I have been shown nothing but kindness since I got here and I appreciate it every time so very much. Well I hope you had a wonderful day and I have got to be going to go get myself some dinner my boy just ate so it's my turn lol have a wonderful evening and thank you again so much.

Wow nice boy you have there !
Nice view when he's rolling too... snow balls !

Whish to see more of him, he's a cutie !

Back