Most interesting thing you've built with Legos.

For the ones here who used to own, or currently own Legos, what are some things you've built? Me I'm currently working on a Titanic, unfortunately while moving it after testing it in the bathtub to see if it sinks realistically the front portion of the bow decided to snap off. Not that big of a deal, but still, annoying, thing is, this isn't even 5% done, this is ONLY the first 1/3rd of the ship, (and only the lowest section, ie:boiler room, engine room, cargo hold, etc) by the time this is done it'll be longer than a mattress15842992401081123169556060294654.jpg
I still haven't decided wether or not I should build it all connected, or have each deck as it's own individual part, or make it like a Russian doll thing, easily able to take off each deck when needed. Most likely this will take me a good 6 or so years to complete, as I'll need to either buy multiple sets, or see if Lego can send you packs of individual pieces, as I don't have nearly enough of the triangular pieces to make the bow 9 times over

Update, it is fixed and I made sure to reinforce it.20200315_185632.jpg

Last edited:
That is amazing I love LEGO and I always wanted to build something like that but never could but if I was you I’d make it all one big piece

Built a working manual garage door once. Tracks on both sides of a door frame and the door itself. Functioned beautifully.
I also used to build battle tops before beyblade was cool. Lego tops explode good if you build them right.

Built a working manual garage door once. Tracks on both sides of a door frame and the door itself. Functioned beautifully.
I also used to build battle tops before beyblade was cool. Lego tops explode good if you build them right.
I'm not even 5% done yet, this is only part of the Titanic, as you can see I have the connector pieces here so when it's actually finished I can put it in a pool and have it sink and snap in half like it did IRL, without actually breaking it totally, hell I even have watertight doors20200317_154354.jpg
And this thing is going to be loooooooong once it's finished, this is only the first 1/3rd of it's total length, and already it's as long as this desk, and about 1.5/3 the length of my own bedroom.20200317_160615.jpg

Last edited:
Right now I'm having to use door frames as makeshift support colums, they're working pretty well, makes the deck sturdy enough.View attachment 20200317_171331.mp4

Good news, I salvaged enough bits and pieces to finish the floor of this section of G-Deck. The back part looks shitty but it's the best I can manage. I even have the 3rd class gainway plank20200318_170216.jpg

Another problem, this is only the first half of the ship, (from the breaking point to the bow front) and already it's a good 10 or so pounds, I honestly have no fucking clue how I'm going to be able to transport this thing without it breaking under its own weight

Lifeboat Davit version 0.01

Attachments

• JointPics_20200320_173446.PNG
    JointPics_20200320_173446.PNG
    16.4 MB · Views: 8
Back