Miss my toys

SovetskiyKozel

Zooville Settler
I miss having toys!
I had a few from Zetacreations and some from Bad dragon. My favorite being the Big Bear Dildo from Zeta, Used to mount that on my F"ing machine and let it ride my butt. Nowadays I don't get any action anymore. 59 years old, had to move in with room mates cause of the pricey rent here in my city. I don't have any toys left. No machine. Don't even have my own room. Got to rent the corner of the living room, No privacy whatever. Can't even wack off unless im in the privacy of the shower. This is Hell. can't have anyone over for relations. nor have a furry companion. the only thing good, is a decent job, just not decent enough for this overpriced city.

Don't even have my own room. Got to rent the corner of the living room, No privacy whatever. Can't even wack off unless im in the privacy of the shower. This is Hell.

Forgive me my spontaneous amusement, but that's perfectly written like out of a Monty Python show. :ROFLMAO:

How did you end there? I mean, weren't there alternative living groups available, some with an own close-able room for yourself and maybe allowed pets?

They shouldn't be that more costly if it's one room for each, a combined big bathroom and a combined acceptably roomy kitchen (with a TV corner or comparable). I wouldn't stay in a flat which does not even allow animals, nor dedicates at least one room to each inhabitant. That is just weird. Nobody can keep sane while being forced around room mates without a way to separate himself from those physically by a door as example.

Man, now I'm sorry for the laugh. "This is hell" sounds not far-off reality from how you describe your situation. Welcome to the forums, at least.

YanchaOkami Thanks for the reply.​

I had my own apartment here in phoenix, but a new owner bought the building and the rent went from 650 a month to 1,300 a month.. I can afford a really crappy studio, But I would just feel cheated paying so much for 1 room apartment. So 2 Friends of mine offered me the corner of there living room. for 500 a month. better than being homeless, but after a year of this. it's just grating on my nerves. for me it's not about having animals right now, it's about at least getting my own place again and having privacy and a life. Ive thought of just quitting my job and moving back east where it's cheaper. but my roommates would take a financial hit as well. it's like I need them and they need me. The positive thing is Im actually saving money with this set up. So I will have enough for retirement in a few years. But it's sad. that I have to wait till Im 67 before I can get a life again.

A new owner which just blindly wants to "increase profit output" without actually investing or improving any of the apartments they want to offer for rent - I've a big disliking in this procedure. Experienced it three times in two years (which was against the law in this country where I am in, as they would need adequately proofed reasons for multiple raises in short time spans).

That's surely stressing for your life and there are still a few years to your retirement. If your two friends need your participation in a financial share, then it as well either enforces you to endure this shitty situation for multiple more years.. or (I guess the better alternative) talk with them that you absolutely need your individual freedom, privacy sphere back and as such can't stay there for X more years.

In the meantime I would suggest searching for an open-to-rent apartment or smaller flat, most important: it has to be usable and not wear down your mood or health further by dirt, damages or unusable features. With a hard price limit in mind and patience in the search.. maybe you're lucky and find a well-payable offer?

It's not like you would lose anything by parallel search for a "better home", because if you after just one year already feel this angered and annoyed by the actual situation.. I don't think multiple further years of enduring in it would do you and your friends any favor, it's predestined to crumble and break sooner or later, this "shared flat usage". They might already feel that you are angered and stressed, this as well might stress them. Maybe try to talk about it in a chilling atmosphere without stress and try to find a solution which all three of you are okay with?

YanchaOkami I Like my roommates, We do get along. I just feel like with no privacy, that my life is on pause. My one roommate is on social security and doesn't make much. the other has a job. but just bought a new truck and if I moved out they would be hard squeezed to make the payments. if I had my own room it wouldn't be so bad, then I could just go in, close the door and have my own sanctuary. This is one of the reasons I joined up with Zooville, At least here I can be myself and chat with others like me. Having friends over in real life to chat would be awkward. with my roommates in the same room and all. They accept that Im Zoo, but they seem to cringe a little when the subject comes up. you can just sense it.​

Hmm, then maybe some sort of temporary solution would work for you? Like some of the "sight-protective paper walls" in Japanese style which are around 2,20 to 2,50 meters in height, don't weight much and you could place 4 of them together to create a small separated "area" with one small entrance on a side which is directed to the wall or window or ..

Might cost a few hundred bucks, but it generates a sort of office space for yourself without anyone being able to look into it. And you could as well just close the open area by moving the wall bars together - and hang a sign outside: "Please don't disturb!" or comparable.

That's at least some comparison to being in your own room and easy to place aside if you are going to use the living room with them for other activities, like watching a movie, drinking beer..

No problem, a good thing if it helps. (y)

They are used as room separators sometime. If this is too unstable or you don't like the shadows of your activities inside on the waxed/oiled paper walls, then you could as well use a sight-blocking garden "wall" made from thin wood.

Combined with 3 x 2 hinges and a bolt lock (on the usually open corner) you could place it easily and probably even fold it back into a thin pack of walls to place somewhere else.

And it might even look good, like some people use them in the clothing / storage rooms for interchanging clothes.

Back