Mental Health

Very curious about this. I’ve noticed trends with people who are into different kinks. Many of my more kinky friends have mental health problems.

So, if you feel comfortable answering of course, do you have any? You can just say yes or no, or say what you have. Just want to get a better idea.

I myself have autism, I was diagnosed at 11. As well as depression which I was diagnosed with at 15.

Very curious about this. I’ve noticed trends with people who are into different kinks. Many of my more kinky friends have mental health problems.

So, if you feel comfortable answering of course, do you have any? You can just say yes or no, or say what you have. Just want to get a better idea.

I myself have autism, I was diagnosed at 11. As well as depression which I was diagnosed with at 15.
Also autistic 👋 Although I don't like the term "mental health problems" much as it sounds so stereotypical. Stigmatized. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying every autistic is a zoosexual or every zoosexual has Asperger's. However there have been a few studies done that suggest a link between zoophilia and autism and that we are more prone to having "paraphilias" moreso than the general population. I would however go as far to say that alot of zoo exclusive individuals are likely undiagnosed ASD: that it could be a high probability, just viewing it from a logical stance and observation from being on these forums since the conception of internet. I personally see my zoosexuality as an orientation since it's lasted a lifetime; and it's exclusive to animals. (Several decades) I feel that autism does have some influence in that: most autistics undeniably have a strong innate drive that makes us attracted more to animals than what is considered "usual": a large majority of us have a "fixation" to animals from an early age. Moreover alot of us have a stronger bond to animals than people. It's not a far stretch that it can result in romantic attraction. There's no shame in that! Or being Autistic! If anything we are generally more empathetic to animals than the rest of the population seems to be. Don't care if that statement offends non-zoos/allistics. It's just honesty. It's honestly sad how misunderstood we are. Being both a zoo and on the spectrum nobody truly ever tried to understand me. I was ridiculed for being different personality wise, and add having to hide my sexual attraction all of my life was enough to make me depressed too from time to time. All that really matters at the end of the day is that I absolutely love animals. I can't count how many times I've stood up for and helped an animal that was being mistreated by so called "normal" people 😑

Anyhow Glad to see another fellow aspie here! :gsd_happysmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
One guy said I was "schizoid," it's a personality disorder that looks similar to aspergers. Whatever was wrong, it probably had an affect on my development, sexual development too I guess... But I've gotten better at behaving more normally since then.

depression, social anxiety, agorafobia, attachement disorders, fear of abandonment, a sprinkle of OCD etc.,
Most of them since my very early teens... thanks bullies & abusive / neglecting parents.. :mad:

One of my therapists / guides did think i had some slight form of autism, although no-one officially tested me for that..
And funny enough, the longer i double check & doubt my own actions, the more i see and hear other 'regular' people have the same issues, feelings and reactions... which makes me wonder how out-of-the-ordinary i really am, or that i just reacted more heavily due to my circumstances... 🤔

Back