Looking for friends who are like me. Struggling to accept myself.

Hi I'm in the process of trying to figure myself out and accept myself. I'd love to talk to someone who could help give their points of view. Thanks

Hey,
Many, probably most, of us have struggled with self acceptance at one time or another; you're not alone.

I struggled with it some when I was a younger man, but I came to accept it and have been pretty happy with it all since then. Some good times and bad, but this issue itself hasn't been much of an issue for me since then. So long as you aren't hurting yourself or your partner, so long as everyone is a willing participant, I don't see any problem with two being enjoying intimate company with one another.

I've struggled with it for a long time. I held a lot of guilt because I loved my dog a lot, but I was doing things with her that I had been taught were wrong, and I felt that I was an abuser that couldn't stop myself.

Over time I've felt better and come to accept that being sexually attracted to animals is a part of me. And that my dog was quite obviously a willing participant, since she initiated our interactions a lot of the time. But it was a gradual process that I'm not finished with

I've struggled with it for a long time. I held a lot of guilt because I loved my dog a lot, but I was doing things with her that I had been taught were wrong, and I felt that I was an abuser that couldn't stop myself.

Over time I've felt better and come to accept that being sexually attracted to animals is a part of me. And that my dog was quite obviously a willing participant, since she initiated our interactions a lot of the time. But it was a gradual process that I'm not finished with

Can I contact you off of this site?

Mmm it’s the tug of war of a life time. It’s easier if you don’t fight it like a rip tide. As long as no one is hurt there is nothing wrong with it.
What part did you have a problem with exactly?

It’s not so easy, is it? I’m new to zoo, but in other aspects I’m a misfit all around. I’ve never been “normal.” There was a time when I wanted to be like other people but now it doesn’t seem so important. Who knows what those “normal” people are up to in the middle of night?. And who gets to decide what’s “normal” anyway?

Ahh I got off topic. What I mean to say is, yes I’ll be happy to talk to you.

Last edited:
This is a struggle that many will have. Try to accept yourself for what you are, and do not try too much to bother about what you want to be, or, what others want you to be. You did not choose your preferences, but you can choose to accept it, as, in 2020 the world is getting a bit too 'PC', and nothing is really widely accepted anymore. What is normal and accepted in one part of the world, will be disgusted in other parts, and visa versa.... In Dutch we say 'elk huisje heeft zijn kruisje'.

It helps if you can talk to people you can trust, and please, focus on people you can trust first, finding someone you can trust is a struggle on itself.
It is not safe to automatically assume that people that (act like they) are like-minded can always be trusted, just because of the fact they seem to be like-minded, as people can take use of that on the big bad internetz.
I found my soulmate, she's my girlfriend and she is 100% not zoo, but she accepts me more than I accept myself. She does know I am a zoo.

Last edited:
It would help if OP would specify what it is he doesn't like about himself..Is it all based on his perceived sexual deviancy? In that case, that won't be hard to fix. Raise two fingers up to mainstream society, normal is the new moron anyway. Stay on the underground, you will have a lot more fun with it, probably just about in other sphere in life. Stay low key and remain discrete and you should be fine, laugh at others choking on their rules and wisdom and battling with other bigots in their high horses, whilst you watch on the sidelines with some popcorn

It would help if OP would specify what it is he doesn't like about himself..Is it all based on his perceived sexual deviancy? In that case, that won't be hard to fix. Raise two fingers up to mainstream society, normal is the new moron anyway. Stay on the underground, you will have a lot more fun with it, probably just about in other sphere in life. Stay low key and remain discrete and you should be fine, laugh at others choking on their rules and wisdom and battling with other bigots in their high horses, whilst you watch on the sidelines with some popcorn
New moron? What is that supposed to mean?

Definitely understand the feeling, all I know is that it's rather be with an animal then a person. Relationships with people just didn't happen when I was younger, so I've learned to live without unfortunately.☹

Back