K9 sheath cleaning?

Indeed they keep them self pretty clean, i never clean or try to clean his cock, just go with it.

Definitely do not use any kind of soap, a dog cock is very sensitive, i would not even think about using any kind of soap.

Dogs are cleaning themselves very well, if your dog has problem with infection or something, that just shouldn't be there, conslult it with your vet, definitelly DON'T use any kind of soap.

Its just that sometimes it just isn't clean, not infectionwise, but dirt and grime. I suppose it'll be different when I get my own dog, where I'll have him inside for the most part

NO! Do not use soap to clean inside a canine sheath, you can do more harm than good in most cases. If the penis is dirty, warm (body temperature) water can be used to rinse it off.

Most dogs will keep their penis clean anyway through their natural licking. The opening of the sheath generally closes when the penis retreats inside, this has two functions, it helps keep the penis clean when the dog is doing stuff like playing in the mud, or rolling in that... well whatever that was that smelt great to your dog, so much so they need to put the scent all over themselves. The other function of the sheath opening is to wipe excess materials off the penis as it is being pulled back inside after an erection.

excess smegma can be wiped off the end of the sheath with your fingers or a soft tissue, if you are doing oral and don't like the taste. a certain amount of smegma is normal and healthy for a dog to have though.

i never felt the need to clean a sheath. they keep the important bits clean themselves and any excessive smegma at the tip can be simply wiped off (by hand or a piece of tissue) pretty easily before any play. some light trimming is something i should look into soon tho... my leonberger boy is getting quite long-haired in the crotch area to the point of the fur actually getting inside his sheath a few times

The experience will help you ... for now, follow the excellent advice of the members who answered you ... if you really have to do oral a little warm water and everything ok ...
the sheath his tongue and yours are great for keeping him clean ...

I’ve used warm saline to flush my boy out with rather good results. However it’s not needed often. Clean the opening with some baby soap if need be. Nothing harsh.

Yeah I think the difference between the dogs I've experienced and when I have my own dogs is the consciousness that bathing them often is for me more than them. I'm definitely not doing anything that's harmful, just not my way. Thanks for the comments guys :)

Back