K9-Dating

Name a Christian who hasn’t sinned? So pick your sin.
I came up with a long reply, but then thought about how this conversation thread has gone off topic. If you care to continue a discussion you may message me as I truly am trying to see how you reconcile the two topics. If not, no biggie. Enjoy your weekend!

I came up with a long reply, but then thought about how this conversation thread has gone off topic. If you care to continue a discussion you may message me as I truly am trying to see how you reconcile the two topics. If not, no biggie. Enjoy your weekend!
You replied in exactly the way that I was trying to examine as the religious argument is often used, but the hypocrisy is often fully apparent for all to see. The USA is supposed to be the land of the free, except constrained by the religious zealots who hold the country back from developing.

Not necessarily true. With more groups and more wide spread you get different people with different interests. For instance I have a group of beast-friendly people on a tiny forum that is 80% about motorcycles sports cars and historic collector guns. Only 9-10% is about beast. People come in looking for that and get very disappointed very fast. I have another I am in where it’s majority about food; and a third for parents. Zoo is only a small part of our lives, but it’s a comfort place where; if we need to talk about something, we can without getting judged.
that sounds like a great group. there is a lot more to life than just my relationship with my dog and a lot more to talk about than that one subject.

You replied in exactly the way that I was trying to examine as the religious argument is often used, but the hypocrisy is often fully apparent for all to see. The USA is supposed to be the land of the free, except constrained by the religious zealots who hold the country back from developing.
I agree with your second statement, but don’t quite understand the first.

Religion is such an intensely personal thing, should we even be discussing it? This is just my opinion but I feel like we shouldn't question one anothers religious choice. It doesn't matter, see? What you believe doesn't change what I believe, and vice versa. The only thing talking about it can do is cause division and strife inside the community, which is the last thing I want to see. I'm just a lurker right now and to some my opinion might not mean much but I love all you people and want you to be happy and not arguing with one another.

Religion is such an intensely personal thing, should we even be discussing it? This is just my opinion but I feel like we shouldn't question one anothers religious choice. It doesn't matter, see? What you believe doesn't change what I believe, and vice versa. The only thing talking about it can do is cause division and strife inside the community, which is the last thing I want to see. I'm just a lurker right now and to some my opinion might not mean much but I love all you people and want you to be happy and not arguing with one another.
Exactly why I asked her to message me if she would like to continue the discussion.

Thank you for your thoughts regarding it.

that sounds like a great group. there is a lot more to life than just my relationship with my dog and a lot more to talk about than that one subject.
There is indeed, in fact in this time of flux in the country (USA) I am quite interested in politics of the moment, and socio economic trends and upheavals !

I don’t see religion holding back anyone. It sets a moral guideline and frame work to follow.

This will answers yours and others…

Religion to some is a set of etched in stone rules (yeah that’s the Old Testament people).

But we’re given a kind and loving god who accepts all people in the New Testament and gave his forgiveness for whoever seeks it. It is not mine, nor you, nor anybody’s place to cast judgement hmmm I think that’s how it’s worded even “let ye without sin cast the first stone.” And no stones were cast.

Science is no different that region, except that science is based upon theory, where religion is based on history. Both have their value and both have their limitations - but both are merely guides.

When you look deeply at science it is an echo of religion anyway. Not polluting, recycling, sustainability - there are entire religious books about living off, tending and toiling the land.

This is also probably a good jumping off point to remind or enlighten people that there are hundreds of books on the Bible, but only a select few were included for the king james

How people chose to follow either is based on their own beliefs.
see reply above. As you can see others have questions also and I much prefer answering everyone at once vs similar questions. Also, it gives others a chance to read and they may feel the same but afraid to ask.

Back