Just curious

tripleleo

Tourist
Hi! I'm kind of new to zoo related stuff and wow there's so much information o.o

Recently as I've come to terms to how I feel regarding animals I became very shy in approaching them. I live with a chow chow and it makes me very sad everytime I try to interact with him, I feel guilty. I don't want to make him sad and lately I've been pretty distant :-(

Is there a way to overcome this feeling?

Hi! I'm kind of new to zoo related stuff and wow there's so much information o.o

Recently as I've come to terms to how I feel regarding animals I became very shy in approaching them. I live with a chow chow and it makes me very sad everytime I try to interact with him, I feel guilty. I don't want to make him sad and lately I've been pretty distant :-(

I got to the root of my shame and guilt, it was my family that constantly put the "Sanctity" of sex in my mind. I grew believing that homosexuality, transgenderism and loveless sex were the worst things you could do to your body and spirit. But once I came to terms with my desires to be with animals instead of humans, I realized that the people who put that shame and guilt in me were not as "Holy" as they preach. It took some time for me to accept that what I do with my body and who I choose to do it with is my business, this Society does NOT have the right or say in what you do to your body. All the rules of sex and love are a Societal Construct made by ancient uptight close-minded ppl and for some dumb reason, we as a modern day society still follow those rules... even though we break them by Cheating, Lying about how much we love one person or how we weaken our definitions about love. Nobody has the right to dictate your happiness, love your animal partner, lover, companion, boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse or however you chose to identify them. Who else is going to love you unconditionally and as openly as an animal partner, why shouldn't you reciprocate.
I hope this helps a little, I know that all our experiences are different and unique. So I know that my experience isn't going to be as helpful, but hopefully something can give you clarity or inspiration.

I got to the root of my shame and guilt, it was my family that constantly put the "Sanctity" of sex in my mind. I grew believing that homosexuality, transgenderism and loveless sex were the worst things you could do to your body and spirit. But once I came to terms with my desires to be with animals instead of humans, I realized that the people who put that shame and guilt in me were not as "Holy" as they preach. It took some time for me to accept that what I do with my body and who I choose to do it with is my business, this Society does NOT have the right or say in what you do to your body. All the rules of sex and love are a Societal Construct made by ancient uptight close-minded ppl and for some dumb reason, we as a modern day society still follow those rules... even though we break them by Cheating, Lying about how much we love one person or how we weaken our definitions about love. Nobody has the right to dictate your happiness, love your animal partner, lover, companion, boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse or however you chose to identify them. Who else is going to love you unconditionally and as openly as an animal partner, why shouldn't you reciprocate.
I hope this helps a little, I know that all our experiences are different and unique. So I know that my experience isn't going to be as helpful, but hopefully something can give you clarity or inspiration.
thank you for the support and for sharing your experience, I haven't fully come to terms yet about my attraction and it's very helpful to read stories like yours. I hope that one day I won't feel ashamed and will finally be happy with a loving partner ☺

Time and thinking about it is what worked for me.
Assuming that both of you are willing participants and nobody is harmed or exploited, what's the harm? If there's no harm, what's the objection for two beings to enjoy one-another's company?
I think for most people this boils down to social/religious values being instilled in us that may not be valid.

I have been sexually attracted to animals for 50 years, been guilt ridden, tried to repress my urges, now I have accepted that I am who I am and as long as we all consent, yes animals can consent, then I will love them as much as possible. I don't get the guilts anymore, but we are all different, stay safe

Time and thinking about it is what worked for me.
Assuming that both of you are willing participants and nobody is harmed or exploited, what's the harm? If there's no harm, what's the objection for two beings to enjoy one-another's company?
I think for most people this boils down to social/religious values being instilled in us that may not be valid.
thank you for the advice. I think for me it's the same, I grew up with a very religious family and it messed up the way I see relationships even when it comes to other humans

I have been sexually attracted to animals for 50 years, been guilt ridden, tried to repress my urges, now I have accepted that I am who I am and as long as we all consent, yes animals can consent, then I will love them as much as possible. I don't get the guilts anymore, but we are all different, stay safe
thank you for answering, I now aspire to be like you xD I think time will help me to understand and accept who I truly am

Back