Impacts of Coronavirus on availablity of Veterinary / Pet Store Supplies

LeftFilly

Zooville Philanthropist
Hello,

Just wanted to start a query thread on how various folks were being impacted by supply chain interruptions. Things seem fairly stable here but some pet supply stores are closed and the veterinarian shut their regular office and are on emergency call only. I'm not sure what the situation is on farrier's for horses or availability of dog sitters or other services. I imagine the local horse rescue is on minimal staff again.

How is it for other folks?

So far no issues with getting anything needed for my little herd, I do my own hoof work so a farrier isn't an issue, my vet is willing to come out for a emergency so no problem there either.

at the moment we only go out on call for serious problems or non-postponable vaccinations, farrier and jogger are allowed by me when a large equine recovery center and the equestrian federation have imposed the need for maintenance (fortunately) this has left someone free to turn also to bring food to your horse, provided you already have it at home, otherwise you must necessarily have it sent without being able to physically go to see your partner.
obviously everything must be demonstrated during the checks ...

Back