If a dog has had her first heat but then is neutered...

autumntime

Tourist
If a year old lab mix dog has had her first heat but then is neutered,

Is she still receptive to advances towards the private/vaginal areas and flagging?

For example, she will not try to bite if I was to go fondle her "down there" if she is neutered, but had her first heat?

She is a year old lab mix.

Is she still receptive to advances towards the private/vaginal areas and flagging?

For example, she will not try to bite if I was to go fondle her "down there" if she is neutered, but had her first heat?

No possible accurate answer without making the attempt. Part of the intent of neutering is to destroy sexual urges and behavior. It works quite well for that in the massively overwhelming majority of cases. There are occasional exceptions, but they're few and far between. The only way to know for sure if it "worked" on a particular dog is to ask them (in a way they can understand) if they want to play hide-the-weenie, and be ready for anything from an enthusiatic "Yeah, let's do it!" to a polite "no thank you" to an all-out "I'm gonna rip your fucking throat out for even suggesting such a thing, you bastard!" as a response.

Where to even start with this one, The term for a female dog is spayed not neutered. And most female dogs after they are spayed lose their sex drive completely.
By the way the male dogs get neutered.

Reactions: IHO
No point nit-picking - Anyone who can't figure out what he meant isn't old and/or sentient enough to be logging in here in the first place.
That's not I'm not nitpicking it's that I can't stand people that don't know the correct terms when they have animals. Do a little fucking research before you actually own a animal.

That's not I'm not nitpicking it's that I can't stand people that don't know the correct terms when they have animals. Do a little fucking research before you actually own a animal.
using incorrect term for castration hardly seem like deal-breaker in general dog care... everyone understands what the op ment. he/she might not be a native english speaker and "neutered" is what the translator spewed out as english for "castrated". no big deal.

Gotta agree on that last sentence. Point remains, though - Thanks to Bob Barker and his ilk, "neutered" is effectively a no-gender-implied synonym for a "gonads have been surgically removed" critter, whether it was spayed or castrated, caponized, gelded, or whatever other species and/or gender specific variant got it to that point.

Also, once spayed, it's my understanding that whatever remains tends to shrink and tighten. You could hurt your girl if you try anything other than fingers, if she even allows it.

I had a female dog that was spayed afer her first heat. I also had her sister who never got spayed. The difference was significant. While the intact dog had a larger opening with very flexible labias, the spayed one had a small opening with labias that were not flexible at all. Further the spayed one had no interest whatsever in caressing the most female part, while the intact one loved it.

Where to even start with this one, The term for a female dog is spayed not neutered. And most female dogs after they are spayed lose their sex drive completely.
By the way the male dogs get neutered.
Actually the word neuter comes from the same root as neutral and the correct definition of the word is the neutralizing of sexual characteristics. It can be applied to both sexes.

neuter​

adjective

neu·ter | \ ˈnü-tər How to pronounce neuter (audio) , ˈnyü- \

Definition of neuter

(Entry 1 of 3)

1a : of, relating to, or constituting the gender that ordinarily includes most words or grammatical forms referring to things classed as neither masculine nor feminine

b : neither active nor passive : intransitive

2 : taking no side : neutral

3 : lacking or having imperfectly developed or nonfunctional generative organs

neuter
noun

Definition of neuter (Entry 2 of 3)

1a : a noun, pronoun, adjective, or inflectional form or class of the neuter gender

b : the neuter gender

2 : one that is neutral

3a : worker sense 2

b : a spayed or castrated animal

neuter
verb

neutered; neutering; neuters

Definition of neuter (Entry 3 of 3)

transitive verb

1 : castrate, alter

2 : to remove the force or effectiveness of

I love how this was a good question, and then a debate down into a circle over in correct terms lol love this site

Back