I miss my plush.

BlueCoyote

Tourist
I’m sorry it may seem dumb. I used to have a big plushie who was my “mate” before I started the relationship I’m in now.
I couldn’t own dogs or pretty much any animals (My parents are cat people so canines were a hard no).
At night I’d pretend he’s real and have him “mount” me. It was the closest thing I could get to an actual zoo experience and it always felt wonderful.

But like the idiot I am, I no longer have him because I was afraid of being seen as immature for having a stuffed animal or my new partner catching on to my attraction for dogs.

I just wish I could snuggle with anything canine at this rate. It’s lonely.

Sorry for ranting, I’ve been holding it in for a long time.

There's plenty of non-zoo and non-furry people that have plushies, plus your partner should know and support your likes (obviously not the zoo part). You can just say you find them cute and nice to snuggle with, and maybe even encourage your partner to snuggle with the plushy so it smells like them :p

I haven't had any plushies since my early teens but finally got some recently and love them. I do keep them out of sight from visitors, but mainly because I don't have the energy to explain why I have a giant husky, especially one that has a special furry "pocket" in the crotch area 😅

I literally still have my baby blanket! I hide him from visitors, but I never hid him from past significant others. My philosophy was: if they couldn't handle a cute little blankie, then they could just leave! Spoiler alert: nobody left. Most thought it was cute.

Just be yourself and own it :) Plushies aren't inherently sexual, but I hope you find a human partner who accepts you completely ❤️

Back