How does one go about finding un-neutered dogs?

L

Legna

I'm currently looking around for a partner that I can live with and love, but I keep finding that almost every single one of them are neutered....I honestly hate that they have that happen to them and I wish I could find some place that doesn't...does anyone have tips to help me look for my partner? I'm in the U.S if that helps with advice

Feel like a broken record here...

Basically you have to real options: Buy a puppy from a reputable breeder and raise it, or take your chances with Craigslist.
There are other potential options such a as Facebook groups and shelters but it’s highly unlikely you’ll find an intact dog through there, although not impossible.

I’ve done both of the routes I mentioned, puppy and Craigslist. Both have their ups and downs. Ultimately it depends on you and what you want. If you’re looking for a specific breed, especially a less common one, you’re better off with the puppy route. If don’t care about the breed as much, Craigslist might be a better option for you.

I am always gonna recommend you do your breed research, find the best breed for you, and get a puppy from a reputable breeder. It’s gonna be the most expensive, most time consuming, and the hardest option, but definitely the most rewarding. You get to raise the puppy how you want, do all of their training, work on them becoming a good canine citizen. No bond will be stronger than the one you have with the puppy you raised. No previous bad owners to worry about, or unknown history. If you’re committed to finding a true companion, not just a sex toy, this is the best option. A lot of breeders require a spay/neuter contract to preserve their lineage. So it’d be best to avoid those. You could try to argue with them that you disagree with spay/neuter surgeries and instead will sign a no breeding contract or even opt for a vasectomy instead. Of find a different breeder that offers breeding rights for an additional fee. Or even find a breeder that simply doesn’t care, so long as you’re responsible about it.

Finding an intact dog is not as hard as it seems. You have to look, and be willing to drive far and spend money.

Back