How did you find your companion?

RSampson

Citizen of Zooville
Maybe I didn’t read back far enough to see one like this, but I have to think that this has been asked before.

How did you meet the furry companion you are sharing your life with now? Some of these stories of how folks meet their dogs/horses/four-leggers really interests me and makes my heart melt, so let me have it!

I will go first! I had recently found myself in a position where my husband and I were finally in a financial/home position where we could finally get a lab bitch like I’ve always fucking wanted. Then, about a week after that, a woman at work was selling yellow lab puppies, and now we have a sweet little yellow lab bitch. 😀 like I’ve always wanted! Sometimes fate is a thing, I guess.

Your turns!

Well, I worked hard, busted my ass off and left the state I grew up in but was making some return trips to get some stuff I had forgotten or was unable to get. Right around a month after I had gotten to where I'm at now, a friend of mine close to where I came from had puppies. He needed some help getting them adopted so a few friends of mine here said they wanted puppies, he did and interview and said they'd be fine having them.

Sadly, I wasn't in a financial or physical position to be able to be stable enough to honestly keep a puppy. However, when I made the trip for the last of my things around new years 2021, one of the unadopted puppies bounded over to me as I sat down on the floor to watch them all. She plopped down in my lap, started to play with my jacket, shirt, fingers, shoe laces and gnawing on them all. Course I can't say no so that's how I wound up with my fuzzball, been worth it even if it's been a little bit of a struggle to learn and she's happy, healthy and maybe she'll have puppies of her own soon. Of course I had help from friends when I was working and help training her but I don't regret any of it at all.

Well, I worked hard, busted my ass off and left the state I grew up in but was making some return trips to get some stuff I had forgotten or was unable to get. Right around a month after I had gotten to where I'm at now, a friend of mine close to where I came from had puppies. He needed some help getting them adopted so a few friends of mine here said they wanted puppies, he did and interview and said they'd be fine having them.

Sadly, I wasn't in a financial or physical position to be able to be stable enough to honestly keep a puppy. However, when I made the trip for the last of my things around new years 2021, one of the unadopted puppies bounded over to me as I sat down on the floor to watch them all. She plopped down in my lap, started to play with my jacket, shirt, fingers, shoe laces and gnawing on them all. Course I can't say no so that's how I wound up with my fuzzball, been worth it even if it's been a little bit of a struggle to learn and she's happy, healthy and maybe she'll have puppies of her own soon. Of course I had help from friends when I was working and help training her but I don't regret any of it at all.
That’s such a sweet story! Thanks for sharing!

I finished school, I've worked before, 2 months after school I visited the classified ads sites and bought she. It was like that with all my dogs.

Well I was called about a momma dog hidden under a house with her puppies. Their eyes haven't even opened yet. I asked others for help fostering her and had planned to catch her once I had a foster lined up. Couple days passed and nothing. The night I rescued her puppies we had a bad storm coming that ended up flooding the entire area she had placed her puppies so I was running out of time.

While momma was away,
I crawled under the house and I placed them in a box which as you can guess caused a lot of crying from the little pups. That's when momma came to the rescue to protect her little ones. She bit me, I bit her.. We fought it out until I finally caught her with a catcher pole. After a couple days of being extremely angry with me, she calmed down.

Over the course of the next couple weeks she begin getting used to me caring for her puppies and letting me pet her. Fast-forward to today, shes been adopted by myself so she'll never have to worry about being homeless again and all the puppies went to good homes.

My boy was bought by a young couple when he was 6 weeks, and they both were too busy with work to give him any attention, so I bought him. I knocked on their door on the day we arranged for me to pick him up (we had not met prior and I had never met my future boy before either) and the man opened the door. As soon as the door opened, my boy ran up to me, jumped up with his forelegs on my shoulders and began to lick my face. I knew he was the one immediately. We've been together for over six months now.

My mixed girl's story is more... interesting. My drug dealer neighbors got two puppies as payment for a deal, one for the girl and one for her boyfriend. The boyfriend apparently was mean/abusive to his gfs puppy. They owed me for over a thousand dollars to pay for helping get their car repaired (was around 1.2k) and they offered her to me as payment, saying she was a German short-haired pointer. I believed them, and I really shouldn't have. She is real small compared to my purebred GSD, a mixed breed between a pitbull and something else that I don't know, maybe beagle. Way too small to be sexual with, but she likes to lick a whole lot more than my boy and I still love her regardless.

I got my special doggy from a shelter up in Indiana. Though they required for her to be spayed, I wanted her around even more than that and she's just been the best companion. So great to have around and so wonderfully friendly and loving. Worth it! (y) Sometimes it's nice to just have an animal companion without it becoming more. I also saved her from that nasty former owner and pretty distressing shelter, so I count that as a plus.

Most of my horses are rescue horses which were headed to slaughterhouses abroad.

I purchased my favorite mare from a dealer who was getting sick of the whole business and wanted to quit. He sold most of his horses to horse aficionados and kept only two of them, because he had gotten to appreciate them so much he could not get rid of them. I was familiar with all of his horses because I often visited his field to pet the friendliest of them, so when I learnt he was selling them all I asked him to hand to me a filly I really liked. She sold me my darling for so little that I tried to pay him more. He billed me less than half her market price.

He still visits my pastures and checks on her sometimes.

I met a girl on tinder and she ended up selling me my German Shepherd. She wanted to fuck too but I didn’t. I’m sure she never woulda guessed that my boy Ace got far more action than she did!!
Haha! That’s a pretty interesting story. I find it curious how ironic those types of situations are sometimes. Thanks for sharing!

Well I was called about a momma dog hidden under a house with her puppies. Their eyes haven't even opened yet. I asked others for help fostering her and had planned to catch her once I had a foster lined up. Couple days passed and nothing. The night I rescued her puppies we had a bad storm coming that ended up flooding the entire area she had placed her puppies so I was running out of time.

While momma was away,
I crawled under the house and I placed them in a box which as you can guess caused a lot of crying from the little pups. That's when momma came to the rescue to protect her little ones. She bit me, I bit her.. We fought it out until I finally caught her with a catcher pole. After a couple days of being extremely angry with me, she calmed down.

Over the course of the next couple weeks she begin getting used to me caring for her puppies and letting me pet her. Fast-forward to today, shes been adopted by myself so she'll never have to worry about being homeless again and all the puppies went to good homes.
That’s such a great story, and a great thing you did for those dogs, as well. Awesome story of trust building there, for sure. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing!

My boy was bought by a young couple when he was 6 weeks, and they both were too busy with work to give him any attention, so I bought him. I knocked on their door on the day we arranged for me to pick him up (we had not met prior and I had never met my future boy before either) and the man opened the door. As soon as the door opened, my boy ran up to me, jumped up with his forelegs on my shoulders and began to lick my face. I knew he was the one immediately. We've been together for over six months now.

My mixed girl's story is more... interesting. My drug dealer neighbors got two puppies as payment for a deal, one for the girl and one for her boyfriend. The boyfriend apparently was mean/abusive to his gfs puppy. They owed me for over a thousand dollars to pay for helping get their car repaired (was around 1.2k) and they offered her to me as payment, saying she was a German short-haired pointer. I believed them, and I really shouldn't have. She is real small compared to my purebred GSD, a mixed breed between a pitbull and something else that I don't know, maybe beagle. Way too small to be sexual with, but she likes to lick a whole lot more than my boy and I still love her regardless.
Wow, you certainly have a couple of interesting stories there. I think it’s still great that you ended up on the plus end with your girl, I’m sure by now you couldn’t go without her. Thanks for sharing!

I got my girl from a friend who accidentally had puppies.
As it certainly goes, I’m sure, more often than not. My girl was an accidental puppy as well. 🤷‍♂️ They still come out as great dogs, it appears. 😀 thanks for sharing.

Back