how are you able to have a male and female dog without puppies?

Laurie

Tourist
Like how are you able to have a male and female dog but not have puppies? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

Keep them separated during heat cycles and give the male a hole to fill or plenty of handjobs so he remains calm would be the simplest answer (I've had both females and males intact in the same household over the years and no unwanted pregnancies so far)

Gotta keep them apart when the female is in her receptive heat cycle. For my girl it is about a 4 day period when she is standing for anything.

Like eveyone else had said here, responsible pet ownership and making sure when the female dog is in heat, she and the male are kept far away as possible.

Its amazing how many people don't do this steps.

Responsible pet ownership. It's not hard. You know where babies come from, right? You simply don't allow that behavior to occur.
but you can’t watch your dogs constantly. People go to work and stuff. I know you can keep them apart during that time but something might happen.

Yeah it's pretty stupid how many pet owners aren't willing to put in the effort to actually take care of their pets. Like they do the bare bone basics, then pat themselves on the back like "hey I'm taking care of my animals" then wonder why the fuck they die at such a young age.

as a owner of two intact females and an intact male that becomes near un-stoppable when there on heat (yes he chewed through my light mesh fence panels first heat cycle) now reinforced
i now have two sides to my yard and if one of the girls are on heat then there apart for 2-3 week just to be on the safe side, its was an expense but part of owning male and females together if you dont want pups a few time a year

but you can’t watch your dogs constantly. People go to work and stuff. I know you can keep them apart during that time but something might happen.
You take a week off work and spend that week between them. Think of it as an orgy vacation.

• Haha
Reactions: IHO
Get the girls tubes tied just like human females. Find a Vet that will do the operation. Rather than spaying the girls, just remove a section below the ovaries. Girls still go into heat. Males have their fun....no puppies. Don't want to do the females than do the male. Just like a Vasectomy in men. Males have their fun with the females. No puppies. Riskier since other males can still jump the fence to get to the females.

Oh yeah. Be a responsible pet owner. Pick up the poop, keep the female away when in heat.

Back