Heat cycle

So my girl is going through her second heat, but this time her menstruation is lasting alot longer

Started over 14 days ago,
Days 1 to 5 very light to moderate (drips)
6 to 11 moderate to heavy ( 1 to 2 tbl spoons )
Days 12 to now 16 light to moderate (drips)

Vet says not to be alarmed but this is stressing me out

Any advice ?

So my girl is going through her second heat, but this time her menstruation is lasting alot longer

Any advice ?

There can be variations in intensity and duration. How are things now?

The first two heats may be different from normal. That's fine.
The heat lasts for 21 days, sometimes a few days longer. If 22-23. day there are still 1-1 small drops of blood per day, also normal.
If the heat lasts longer than 4 weeks, it is not normal.

Any advice ?
Update
She is finished with her second cycle now, on day 26 or 27 I really thought she was gonna bleed out, the outside tiles looked like a murder scene 😳

Didn't do anything with her, gonna see if she's in the mood in 6 or 7 months😅

Update
She is finished with her second cycle now, on day 26 or 27 I really thought she was gonna bleed out, the outside tiles looked like a murder scene
If her hymen was still intact she might have been retaining blood a bit... I'm not a vet but something like that happened with my girl. I was playing around with her during her first heat (not sexually) and when I went to pick her up she suddenly bled a lot. It freaked me out a bit but she was ok, no pain or anything.

Back