Going beyond the rubber ball: What are the best pet toys?

The only toys my girl with play with is stuffed toys with squeakers in them. But she will rip a small hole right in the middle and remove all of the stuffing. She does not tear it apart any further after that. Does anyone else’s pup do this, and if so do you know why?
It’s probably the interactive part of pulling stuff out of the toy.

I just always found it odd how she left everything else in tact. Her favorites are the lamb chop toys that have the squeaky paws and she doesn’t even rip any of them out. Now she just has a pile of limp stuffed lambs and she likes to pile up and sleep with 😂.

KONG. Couldn't agree more with those above who mentioned it. They also have the best quilted fabric toys for heavy chewers.

Deer antlers. They love them and they last very long.

I used to use and recommend those, but after a broken tooth I don't anymore.

Favored toys here are glow-in-the-dark balls and a chuckit at night and Kong frisbees outside and hexaballs (i.e.Hol-ee roller) and the like indoors.

For occupying a dog when there's things that need done, a frozen peanut butter filled Kong is a nice go-to.

For giving them some distraction and taking the edge off I prefer training and working on our routine. For elder dogs and those with injuries that need less physical effort, but still need mental stimulation I will often do scentwork.

Honestly I think it depends on the dog. I've bought several different toys I've known other dogs to like that mine just doesn't. Rope toy is life, tennis ball only has 4 throws. Lol whats a Frisbee? Kong is not interesting, squeaky toys are hit or miss. But the ultimate toy is a random stick found on walks.

Back