puppy or mature dog

• puppy

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • mature dog

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
T

Tailo

What do you prefer when you look for a dog with the hope that he or she will also become a (sexual) partner in the future: getting a puppy or a mature dog? Why?

What do you prefer when you look for a dog with the hope that he or she will also become a (sexual) partner in the future: getting a puppy or a mature dog? Why?
Nope! I look for personality, gentile nature in puppies.

Once you create a bond, sexual training is easy.

If you bais your decision on a sexual nature with certain expectations, what are you gonna do If They don't meet the stipulation?

Do not create pre-meditated goals for a new family member, and if you don't consider them family you are not a zoo, and need to stay out of my life style.

As soon as I picked up my female: I knew she was coming home with me.

She melted in my arms, and was absolutely content to just let me hold her even thou it was dinner time.

If you feel a connection like that, thats how you know you found your puppie.

My dog was about 1.5 years old when I got him, so not a puppy anymore. I would always choose an adult dog again. One reason is that there are many adult dogs who need a new home. But I think it would also be weird to be a dog's stepdad first and then become his lover. But this is just how I personally feel—no criticism of people who choose the other path implied.

My dog was about 1.5 years old when I got him, so not a puppy anymore. I would always choose an adult dog again. One reason is that there are many adult dogs who need a new home. But I think it would also be weird to be a dog's stepdad first and then become his lover. But this is just how I personally feel—no criticism of people who choose the other path implied.
Only bad thing about getting an adult is you can't mold them! Sure you can help them break some bad habits..

Simple fact is an adult dog will be what he is to a certain extent.

You can train a puppy to your life style.

I have adopted many adult dogs.. And you can only teach them what they want to learn.

Many of them were who they are and didn't change at the core. ie: I adopted a 1.5yr old rottie, they made him a cat killer.. He killed 3 of my cats.. Couldn't change that!

If I got him when he was a puppie he would have grown up with my kitties and loved them.

Hence you can't fix, what won't be fixed
That is why I will always go puppie.

All circumstances are different, my way makes sence with my way of life.

I was interested in people's opinions on this too, every time I'm about to start a thread, I wait a few days and it's waiting there for me, with replies already! I'm going to have to make this decision within a year, and I was stuck. I'm leaning towards a mature dog, because it seems weird to me to raise a puppy then have sex with it once it's mature. Also I've been waiting a long time, I want a great relationship within a few days or weeks, not months or years. Also I will be busy with work, and it looks like it's a lot more time consuming to take care of a puppy, I don't want it to suffer because I won't be around all day every day. I've never had my own dog though, and I don't help with our family dog so this are just my speculations.

I was interested in people's opinions on this too, every time I'm about to start a thread, I wait a few days and it's waiting there for me, with replies already! I'm going to have to make this decision within a year, and I was stuck. I'm leaning towards a mature dog, because it seems weird to me to raise a puppy then have sex with it once it's mature. Also I've been waiting a long time, I want a great relationship within a few days or weeks, not months or years. Also I will be busy with work, and it looks like it's a lot more time consuming to take care of a puppy, I don't want it to suffer because I won't be around all day every day. I've never had my own dog though, and I don't help with our family dog so this are just my speculations.
I want it and I want it now.
Typical melenial mentality.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right, and the first time! This applies to all things in life.

If you don't have the want to put time into an animal then you shouldn't have one.

Animals are nothing but work! Anyone that says different dosnt know their head from their ass.

If you can't or won't put the work in you don't need any animal.

An adult dog you adopt is going to piss and crap all over your house.. Why? Cause aomone didt house train him.

Also he's gonna be nervous and or be making his territory.

If you get a puppie you can teach boundaries and the house rules. My dogs won't go potty in the house, my dogs won't leave my unfenced yard, my dogs won't let you in the house alive. My dogs will sit-attack on command. Well( my last pack would) still working on my new pack.

My point is: I put time, love into my puppies
They return the favor by respecting me enough to do what I say and learn from me.

I dare you to teach an adopted dog to suck your cock! That takes love and respect!
I never feel teeth, I don't have t9 hold my girls head. She sucks me dry cause she love me and loves this bonding time.

I also have been able to train a mare to back up to me when I stand on a bucket..

Believe me i know what I am talking about.

Last edited:
For me it's no contest, puppy every time. I love having a pup and enjoy watching them grow and explore the world, the best of times and build a relationship for the absolute best of friends.

I want it and I want it now.
Typical melenial mentality.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right, and the first time! This applies to all things in life.

If you don't have the want to put time into an animal then you shouldn't have one.

Animals are nothing but work! Anyone that says different dosnt know their head from their ass.

If you can't or won't put the work in you don't need any animal.

An adult dog you adopt is going to piss and crap all over your house.. Why? Cause aomone didt house train him.

Also he's gonna be nervous and or be making his territory.

If you get a puppie you can teach boundaries and the house rules. My dogs won't go potty in the house, my dogs won't leave my unfenced yard, my dogs won't let you in the house alive. My dogs will sit-attack on command. Well( my last pack would) still working on my new pack.

My point is: I put time, love into my puppies
They return the favor by respecting me enough to do what I say and learn from me.

I dare you to teach an adopted dog to suck your cock! That takes love and respect!
I never feel teeth, I don't have t9 hold my girls head. She sucks me dry cause she love me and loves this bonding time.

I also have been able to train a mare to back up to me when I stand on a bucket..

Believe me i know what I am talking about.
I didn't say now, I've been waiting a long time already, and am still waiting now until I am ready. Doing it right is different for everyone. I want to put in as much time as I can. Clearly you can have a full time job, and a dog. I'm not sure how much you work, but I don't plan on having as many animals as you, I couldn't do it. I've never been called a millennial before to my knowledge, I think I'm a bit younger than that. I work extremely hard, and I always do it right. I do not fit in with the millennial crowd, and I do not associate with them. I added my caveat at the end that I was just speculating, so I thank you for your feedback. I still have a lot to learn, but I will definitely be doing it right. I'm still many months, maybe a year out from having a dog. That's why I'm figuring this out now. Many people adopt adult dogs and surely all of them don't experience the issues you mention. I'm sure some of them do, but people do it all the time so I doubt those issues are present every time.

I’m the same way. I’ve been waiting such a long time. More than 10 years. When I was finally ready to get a dog, I hadn’t decided on a puppy or adult yet. I ended up getting an adult because it worked out right. Sometimes you may get lucky, or you’re like me and nothing goes your way. My boy isn’t into sex at all. I still love him with all my heart, and don’t necessarily regret getting him over a puppy, but i get frustrated sometimes and wish I get a puppy. If I had they would be mature enough for sex by now. I know waiting for them to mature takes a long time and that wait feels 10 times longer, but my advice to you is this. Get a puppy, and raise it. Once they’re mature and you’re having sex, you may want another dog. And you won’t have to worry about making the same decision. You won’t have to take the risk because even it doesn’t work out you’ll still have you first pup. I’m getting my second dog soon and it’s definitely gonna be a puppy. Gonna do it right this time. Don’t get me wrong, you could get adult and it could work out very well for you. It happens. Just remember, if it doesn’t work out, it’s a pet. You can’t just return it. If you’re gonna get an adult from Craigslist or similar, try to work out a trial period. Take the dog home for a week to make sure they fit into your lifestyle. That way if they dont have the right temperament or personality for you, you won’t have any issues.

From talking to people who got puppies I have learned that getting a puppy is no guarantee that it will grow into an adult who is interested in sex with you either. There is no 100% sure way.

I suppose that you won't ever teach a dog who grows up with you that experimenting with humans sexually is never allowed. Male dogs that have grown up in non-zoo families may have been taught not to mount human body parts when they tried, for example. So that may be a difference. I don't know how much this applies to bitches.

I was interested in people's opinions on this too, every time I'm about to start a thread, I wait a few days and it's waiting there for me, with replies already!

:)

I'm going to have to make this decision within a year, and I was stuck. I'm leaning towards a mature dog, because it seems weird to me to raise a puppy then have sex with it once it's mature. Also I've been waiting a long time, I want a great relationship within a few days or weeks, not months or years.

The experience with my dog was that he was at first confused about being touched at the sheath, but appreciated hand and blow jobs quickly and asked for getting them. Lucky me! It took more than half a year before he mounted me for the first time though, although I offered myself quite often. I think that it must have been a big step for him to try and maybe break a rule that he had been taught as a youngster. Of course I don't smell as seductive as a bitch in heat either, but that would not be different, if I had gotten him as a pup. The first time he mounted me happened in an unusual situation and I don't know if he would have ever tried, if the situation would not have occurred. But after this long anticipated first time he took almost every chance. It was as if a ban had been lifted.

A friend of mine was mounted on the same day he got his new dog. Some others may never experience it. Dogs are individuals with different preferences.

@Hewflungpew expressed the benefit of being able to shape a puppy in general, which I understand. On the other hand I like getting to know a dog who has already developed his personality quite much and I think it's amazing to be accepted as a mate by one whom I didn't raise and shape.

I went ahead and voted for puppy since it takes me time to bond with a dog and see if it could be a potential partner. By then, the little scamp will be a big scamp and we'll have developed a tight knit relationship together. That's how it went with my first boy anyways. My second fellow was mature when I got him though. After a little over a year of putting up with each other, we took that plunge. Both mature and puppy worked out in my favor, but when I get another dog in the future, I'll look into a puppy as a preferred choice, but a mature dog isn't off of the table either.

I’m the same way. I’ve been waiting such a long time. More than 10 years. When I was finally ready to get a dog, I hadn’t decided on a puppy or adult yet. I ended up getting an adult because it worked out right. Sometimes you may get lucky, or you’re like me and nothing goes your way. My boy isn’t into sex at all. I still love him with all my heart, and don’t necessarily regret getting him over a puppy, but i get frustrated sometimes and wish I get a puppy. If I had they would be mature enough for sex by now. I know waiting for them to mature takes a long time and that wait feels 10 times longer, but my advice to you is this. Get a puppy, and raise it. Once they’re mature and you’re having sex, you may want another dog. And you won’t have to worry about making the same decision. You won’t have to take the risk because even it doesn’t work out you’ll still have you first pup. I’m getting my second dog soon and it’s definitely gonna be a puppy. Gonna do it right this time. Don’t get me wrong, you could get adult and it could work out very well for you. It happens. Just remember, if it doesn’t work out, it’s a pet. You can’t just return it. If you’re gonna get an adult from Craigslist or similar, try to work out a trial period. Take the dog home for a week to make sure they fit into your lifestyle. That way if they dont have the right temperament or personality for you, you won’t have any issues.
From talking to people who got puppies I have learned that getting a puppy is no guarantee that it will grow into an adult who is interested in sex with you either. There is no 100% sure way.

I suppose that you won't ever teach a dog who grows up with you that experimenting with humans sexually is never allowed. Male dogs that have grown up in non-zoo families may have been taught not to mount human body parts when they tried, for example. So that may be a difference. I don't know how much this applies to bitches.

:)

The experience with my dog was that he was at first confused about being touched at the sheath, but appreciated hand and blow jobs quickly and asked for getting them. Lucky me! It took more than half a year before he mounted me for the first time though, although I offered myself quite often. I think that it must have been a big step for him to try and maybe break a rule that he had been taught as a youngster. Of course I don't smell as seductive as a bitch in heat either, but that would not be different, if I had gotten him as a pup. The first time he mounted me happened in an unusual situation and I don't know if he would have ever tried, if the situation would not have occurred. But after this long anticipated first time he took almost every chance. It was as if a ban had been lifted.

A friend of mine was mounted on the same day he got his new dog. Some others may never experience it. Dogs are individuals with different preferences.

@Hewflungpew expressed the benefit of being able to shape a puppy in general, which I understand. On the other hand I like getting to know a dog who has already developed his personality quite much and I think it's amazing to be accepted as a mate by one whom I didn't raise and shape.
I'm not sure if this affects things, but I plan on getting a female dog. I don't know anything about getting dogs to mount, and I'm not worried about that. I remember reading that puppies need fed many times a day for several months, and nearly constant care during that time. I can't skip my job for half a year, it's just not an option. I know people have dogs and jobs, it can clearly be done. I just need to make sure it's done properly so they can get the attention and care they deserve.

I'm not sure if this affects things, but I plan on getting a female dog. I don't know anything about getting dogs to mount, and I'm not worried about that. I remember reading that puppies need fed many times a day for several months, and nearly constant care during that time. I can't skip my job for half a year, it's just not an option. I know people have dogs and jobs, it can clearly be done. I just need to make sure it's done properly so they can get the attention and care they deserve.
I get what you mean. Raising a puppy is tough when you work full time. Getting a female adult dog is definitely gonna be the hardest thing unfortunately. Finding an intact female adult is a lot harder than a male. And generally females are less receptive as and adult if they haven’t been introduced to it young. Not all, every dogs different. The good thing is if they’re intact, they’ll go into heat. And that’s almost a guarantee. So youll have that on your side at least. I hope you have better luck than I do.

Back