Gender preferences in dog human relationships

MarlinCatch3

Tourist
Newbie here and inexperienced so please forgive my ignorance. My question: Do dogs care about gender in their relationships the same way human beings do. So for example:
- are male dogs more likely to mate with a female human being than a male human being?
- similarly for for female dogs, are they more likely to be sexually receptive to male human beings than females?
- does homosexuality exist between two dogs?
- do some dogs mate with both male and female human partners or do they tend to prefer one gender over another and stick with that preference?

I have a few other questions unrelated:
- Does wardrobe matter to a dog. Eg. Do they get excited by a human being naked, clothed, or provocatively clothed? So would a miniskirt turn on a male dog for example?
- Do dogs get jealous? Example ... in a relationship my girlfriend’s dog would sometimes bite me after I had sex with her. It wasn’t ever serious and I actually thought it was funny he was jealous. I wasn’t sure if it was jealousy though.

Just curious ... straight male here BTW

Last edited:
- are male dogs more likely to mate with a female human being than a male human being?
- similarly for for female dogs, are they more likely to be sexually receptive to male human beings than females?
A k9 expert I respect says that female dogs usually work better with male humans and male dogs with women. If that translates to sex too is unknown. But he lives with 4 female dogs. :D
Personally I think from experience that dogs do not percieve sex with humans as mating and thus do not seem to have a clear preference.

- Does wardrobe matter to a dog. Eg. Do they get excited by a human being naked, clothed, or provocatively clothed? So would a miniskirt turn on a male dog for example?
They might if you for example do that as a part of foreplay and they know that there will be sex. But it has nothing to do with whether you wear a swimsuit or a gas mask. Dogs do not appreciate clothing or human physical beauty or ugliness the way people do.

does homosexuality exist between two dogs?
It might but I have not seen any evidence of it yet. Purely homosexual individual rams are known to exists though. Homosexuality in animals seem to be related to physically different brain structures and probably never occurs by choice.

- Do dogs get jealous? Example ... in a relationship my girlfriend’s dog would sometimes bite me after I had sex with her. It wasn’t ever serious and I actually thought it was funny he was jealous. I wasn’t sure if it was jealousy though.
Science actually describes sexual frustration in dogs from watching other other dogs have sex. If your dog has sex with you, it might also work here.

Thanks.
Any studies on dogs practicing sex for pleasure with humans and their gender preferences when doing so?
Very much doubt there are any. Orgasm in animals is studied and zoophilia is studied but I do not know if any of the studies contains exactly this question.

Personally I think from experience that dogs do not percieve sex with humans as mating and thus do not seem to have a clear preference.

I find that hard to believe given how similar their actions are with mounting a female dog. If penetration followed by ejaculation isn't mating to them, what do they define it as?

They might if you for example do that as a part of foreplay and they know that there will be sex. But it has nothing to do with whether you wear a swimsuit or a gas mask. Dogs do not appreciate clothing or human physical beauty or ugliness the way people do.

Does an owner having sex with a dog affect how that dog perceive that owner? Or is the owner nothing more than a fleshlight in that instance?

I find that hard to believe given how similar their actions are with mounting a female dog. If penetration followed by ejaculation isn't mating to them, what do they define it as?
My dog behaves very different when he is having sex with me than when it is a female dog. He asks for it differently, does it differently and even asks me to stop when he has had enough. That leads me to believe, he has sex with me for fun.

Does an owner having sex with a dog affect how that dog perceive that owner? Or is the owner nothing more than a fleshlight in that instance?
On several occasions including my experience having sex with a dog deepened the relationship between the owner and the dog. You spend time with the dog doing something incredibly pleasurable, so that is logical.

Back