Female dogs sniffing my male crotch

nzk9cplakl

Tourist
Is it normal for young female dogs to be sniffing my crotch. Family have just gotten 2 pups they are somewhat medium to large breed both mixed breeds. Now I notice they dont seem to sniff the couple of other male crotches that come around. Seems to be only mine. And its everytime I go there doesnt matter if I just showered or not.

Its frustrating as honestly I love the attention there but difficult as it arouses me and im forced to quickly put hand between and turn away so they dont do it.

And no there wont be any point at any time that I would be able to encourage or allow it with these dogs sadly. But was just curious if anyone with behavioural knowledge can elighten me as to why only me.

I have had 2 different female dogs at times in the past and neither ever showed any interest in that sort of behaviour.

But bearing in mind these dogs are not very well trained and quite high energy.

I think one is a lab golden retriever kind of mix white fur the other is like a working dog breed forget the mix it is but it would have been more suited to work on a farm than as a pet in suburbia.

As MypupandI said dogs use smell as a way to remember who you are. To add to that, dogs sense of smell is very strong and unique, if you have mated with other dogs before, they can tell. They can also smell the pheromones you put out if they are making you aroused, which causes some to keep "teasing" you in my experience.

As MypupandI said dogs use smell as a way to remember who you are. To add to that, dogs sense of smell is very strong and unique, if you have mated with other dogs before, they can tell. They can also smell the pheromones you put out if they are making you aroused, which causes some to keep "teasing" you in my experience.
Ahh ok yea. Kind of wasnt expecting it either as they are fairly young pups talking few months old really. But yes maybe they are picking up those pheromones. I dont have a dog so habent been with or had any interaction that way in a long long time. But very interesting. Thanks for the information. Now just to figure out how to manage the behaviours and my own so i can avoid any awkward situations around the family.

Incredibly frustrating to have that and then be in situation where its impossible to allow them the room to use me to explore.

Hopefully one day when circumstances allow we will be able to get our own dog.

It's not uncommon for any dog male or female to sniff your croch or ass cause scent is one of several ways for them to remember who you are. Horses and a few other animals also remember people and places by scent.
Yes i know of this part but was just odd as they dont seem to do that with other people. So was wondering if was a particular scent or something from me. I dont think i have given them any reason to show more attention to me lol. But yes scent is big for them. Might be simply pheromones and sensing from the past and my arousal. Have to say animal behaviour is very interesting. And thanks for your feedback.

Ahh ok yea. Kind of wasnt expecting it either as they are fairly young pups talking few months old really. But yes maybe they are picking up those pheromones. I dont have a dog so habent been with or had any interaction that way in a long long time. But very interesting. Thanks for the information. Now just to figure out how to manage the behaviours and my own so i can avoid any awkward situations around the family.

Incredibly frustrating to have that and then be in situation where its impossible to allow them the room to use me to explore.

Hopefully one day when circumstances allow we will be able to get our own dog.
Ok, well I guess I misjudged the age of those dogs. What I said applies to adult, sexually mature dogs. Those are puppies, and I feel like with them, the behavior you're seeing is just them finding new smells. Puppy things. You mean you're having problems with your behavior around puppies??

You don't need to be worried about giving non sexually mature puppies "room to use you to explore"... They have other things to do, like enjoy growing up.

Ok, well I guess I misjudged the age of those dogs. What I said applies to adult, sexually mature dogs. Those are puppies, and I feel like with them, the behavior you're seeing is just them finding new smells. Puppy things. You mean you're having problems with your behavior around puppies??

You don't need to be worried about giving non sexually mature puppies "room to use you to explore"... They have other things to do, like enjoy growing up.
They are rescue dogs so were told that was ages but im not entirely certain not my dogs so i never really bothered too much with listening to that part of info. And as stated theres absolutely zero chance ever of doing anything regardless now or in future. Was just more curious as having never experienced that type of approach.

Sadly the owners of these dogs likely wont train them to the standard they should be so im kinda figuring they may grow out of it and as long as i keep turning away and directing them away that will stop it.

I have been around dogs a fair bit growing up pups and older but im used to them being better trained and never showing that. So could be just pups doing pup things. I cant give any other history on their prior life to coming to the family member as i dont know wasnt told only know that they came from 2 different shelters in different parts of the country.

Yeah I get that problem a lot 😚
I need to try and work on that part. I dont tend to have much touching down there from humans either unless its sexual so its rather easy for me to get aroused with light touching lol. But that ones on me not their fault. Usually as soon as i notice noses going that way i put my hand between and twist around and step away quickly. But the nudge and breath starts me off then i have to sit awkwardly til it dissipates.

the same thing happens to me every time I go to grandma´s home, she owns two female maltese, and as soon as I go inside, the older one starts desperatelly sniffing my crotch, then she follows me around the house while trying to sniff me, It's a little too akward since she do it despite my grandma yelling at her not do it, I just have to keep her away with my hand the whole time, she only smells me, even if the room is full of men. It´s so bad my family joke by saying "she's in love with me".

Back