Favorite spot to throw up

waarom170

Citizen of Zooville
Hi, my name is dog, waarom170's trusty and much loved shepherd. Last night I had to throw up due to eating something bad in the grass during walkies, but my usual favorite spot for throwing up, the carpet, was gone! I briefly thought about doing it in the open space but instead i opted to throw up in a hidden corner right next to an almost impossible to move cabinet. Of course I did this as my owner wasnt around, so everything could freely run underneath the cabinet. He only found it this morning! What a surprise at 6.30 in the morning, amirite?

So, fellow dogs, what are your favorite spots for throwing up?

My cat likes to throw up in my bed. I've gotten into bed before and felt something cold and wet. Flip up the covers and there's the semi digested cat food. Never on anything like linoleum or hardwood though.

My name is Rubeō, I’m LatinaRetriever’s dog! Throwing up makes me feel pretty icky so when I feel it coming I like to crawl alllllll the way under my owners bed. The floor is carpet and the bedframe is very heavy. My owner says some fun words like “goddamnfuckshit” and “ughohmyfuckinggoddisgusting” when she needs to move the bed to scrub the floor! It’s a pretty great time

I taught my girl to throw up on the tiled kitchen floor by leading her there whenever she starts hurking. Very easy to clean up when it's done on tile, and now she even goes there on her own.

If I can catch her in time I generally try to grab my Newfie girl's collar and walk her over to the kitchen which has faux hardwood flooring. But if I can't catch her in time she pretty much always throws up in my bedroom right in front of the doorway which is carpeted. The spot is a good 6-7 feet from the kitchen. She has thrown up a few times next to my refrigerator though, but that's one of her favorite spots to nap at in general.

My littler girl pretty much throws up wherever she happens to be standing at the moment she feels sick.

I taught my boy to go outside to be sick and he's pretty good. But it has backfired on me, while I'm out the house he'll go behind the door and I have no option but to open it smearing it everywhere

My girl just goes anywhere she feels and never in the same spot twice. She's also fallen asleep with her head on my belly, and then been sick on me while I've been asleep. I didn't wake up and notice until it went cold 😝

LOL!!! Wow! I've been avoiding this thread, based on the title, thinking it was about people barfing after drinking too much. :LOL: I'm glad I finally clicked on this.

When my late, great, Lab girl would start with the dry heaves, I'd tell her "outside" and point to the back door which had her doggy door in it. Worked every time with her. Otherwise, without my input, she'd simply barf where ever the occasion found her.

So far, my new little girl has never heaved or barfed up anything... 🐕

Great thread! My pack loves to eat fresh grass from the back lawn. The best is early in the day with a little morning dew still left on it. Then it's nappy time, usually in the kitchen, next to where I'm having breakfast. I get to listen to their stomachs turn and churn the indigestible matter. Eventually, the inevitable heaving begins. Hopefully, it happens slowly enough, so if I'm there, I can open the back door to let them out where they will upchuck somewhere very visible from my vantage point (trust me, I don't like to watch). If I'm lucky, it's mostly grass and bile. It's easy enough just to hose away. That way, it's clear for the next day when the cycle begins all over again.

I taught my boy to go outside to be sick and he's pretty good. But it has backfired on me, while I'm out the house he'll go behind the door and I have no option but to open it smearing it everywhere

My girl just goes anywhere she feels and never in the same spot twice. She's also fallen asleep with her head on my belly, and then been sick on me while I've been asleep. I didn't wake up and notice until it went cold 😝
Yuck!!! My stomach just went sour! Thank you for sharing... 🐕

I don't recall our boys ever throwing up, certainly not indoors. Our cat does leave me the occasional half-mouse, usually in my kneeling-place, but she hasn't honked in the house either.

This reminds me of this gif 🤣,

4Xji.gif

And in the theme of the thread... I love to start throwing up on the bed or couch, and see if I can keep throwing up while stumbling to the next room... every time I try to beat my record in distance travelled.

This reminds me of this gif 🤣,

View attachment 488862

And in the theme of the thread... I love to start throwing up on the bed or couch, and see if I can keep throwing up while stumbling to the next room... every time I try to beat my record in distance travelled.
Thats happened to me a few times when mounting right after eating. Its not pleasant to get the vomit or the smell out of my hair.

When we had Toby he would always vomit after and sometimes during but he did that whenever he was excited so it made sense. It didn't make my girl want to stop anyway so we just got used to it being a part of it
Thats happened to me a few times when mounting right after eating. Its not pleasant to get the vomit or the smell out of my hair.

I taught my girl to throw up on the tiled kitchen floor by leading her there whenever she starts hurking. Very easy to clean up when it's done on tile, and now she even goes there on her own.
Mine does this too! She used to get car sick as a puppy but after she learned about the rugs, she stuck her head out the window to puke!

Best is when it's not just one spot, gotta leave one next to the couch, then by the chair, another next to the wall; has to be at least 3 spots and all MUST be on carpet if at all possible.
Most of my cats haven't done that, but I have been responsible for the wide dispersal of vomit. Trying to catch my cat and put her outside... I hear the warning hurks from her, and drop whatevr I'm doing. I'm almost there, then she lunges away from me (because I'm moving at her at top speed) and pukes in a new place. Repeat. The irony made me rage at first, and laugh later.

Also, they seem to prefer the rug.

Hi I'm Mashed Potato I'm Branch's best pal! If I had to pick my favorite spot I don't have one I just throw up wherever I feel like it, carpet, bed, car, vets office, anywhere really. It's the timing that matters though you have to make a scene about it too.Make it as loud as possible and throw up instantly. You can't give them time to move you outside or off of things you gotta just do it when it feels right. I personally like to throw up when I'm excited or when it's the most inappropriate time to throw up

Favorite spots?
Usually those which are hard to clean.
But it is possible to teach dogs to select specific spots or just areas.

Back