Falling in love with other someone else's animal companion

Ever fallen in love with, emotionally and sexually, and had a LTR with someone else's animal?

• Total voters

Wolfspirit

Citizen of Zooville
It being Halloween, it makes me think of the neighbor's dog next door to my home when I was young. We were so completely smitten for each other that he'd cry out for me often and I would go far out of my way to get any chance I could to be around him even for a few minutes. On Halloween I would get dressed up and only visit his house, just so I could see and pet him. I didn't care about all the silly human traditions or candy. I just cared about seeing him. Things got way better after I started dogsitting him regularly. 😍🥰

I've told this story before on the forum, so I'll keep it short. Basically my first love was with a neighbor's neglected dog. They saw her as more of a lawn ornament than a living creature with thoughts and feelings. They basically gave her the bare minimum that was considered "legal" in my state before it was considered neglect. This isn't much either. A plastic dog house, a 10 foot leash (which is allowed to be tied permanently to a tree), and evidence that the owners had food for her. (Although they often forgot to feed her and give her water.)

They'd let this girl run around the neighborhood a few times a week. Eventually I was able to befriend her and gain her trust. She showed plenty of signs of neglect and abuse. (If I went to pet her too quickly she'd often cower in fear, as an example.) But when she came to visit me I made sure she was fed, I made sure she had water, and I damn well made sure she knew what it felt like to be loved. We spent hours together cuddled up in my car just embracing each other. Her owners would rather kick her in the chest when she begged for attention rather than show her a kind hand of love. She was really a kind and sweet dog and it didn't take long for me to fall for her. Once she was allowed to let her personality shine she really did shine. It didn't take too long for her to prefer me over her actual "owners."

Were we sexual with each other, yeah, sometimes. But to me that wasn't important. What was important was showing her that at least someone in the world gave a damn about her. Something she very much reciprocated. The story could get more in depth from here, there was a lot of terrible abusive trauma the neighbors put her through. But I'll skip to the end. Eventually someone I never met rescued her (technically illegally) and she was later adopted, hopefully to someone that gave her a better life than her former owners. I did what I could to bring her happiness.

I've told this story before on the forum, so I'll keep it short. Basically my first love was with a neighbor's neglected dog. They saw her as more of a lawn ornament than a living creature with thoughts and feelings. They basically gave her the bare minimum that was considered "legal" in my state before it was considered neglect. This isn't much either. A plastic dog house, a 10 foot leash (which is allowed to be tied permanently to a tree), and evidence that the owners had food for her. (Although they often forgot to feed her and give her water.)

They'd let this girl run around the neighborhood a few times a week. Eventually I was able to befriend her and gain her trust. She showed plenty of signs of neglect and abuse. (If I went to pet her too quickly she'd often cower in fear, as an example.) But when she came to visit me I made sure she was fed, I made sure she had water, and I damn well made sure she knew what it felt like to be loved. We spent hours together cuddled up in my car just embracing each other. Her owners would rather kick her in the chest when she begged for attention rather than show her a kind hand of love. She was really a kind and sweet dog and it didn't take long for me to fall for her. Once she was allowed to let her personality shine she really did shine. It didn't take too long for her to prefer me over her actual "owners."

Were we sexual with each other, yeah, sometimes. But to me that wasn't important. What was important was showing her that at least someone in the world gave a damn about her. Something she very much reciprocated. The story could get more in depth from here, there was a lot of terrible abusive trauma the neighbors put her through. But I'll skip to the end. Eventually someone I never met rescued her (technically illegally) and she was later adopted, hopefully to someone that gave her a better life than her former owners. I did what I could to bring her happiness.
Awwwe I just love zoo love stories. Ty fur sharing, and ty for being an awesome zoo 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Nice to see a true zoo is

By the way, nice to see someone like yourself is a staff member of this place. Makes it feel more comfy to me being here 🙂

One of my XGFs swore that I only went out with her because of her cat.

A couple of years after we broke up, she had the cat put down for not much of a reason, which pisses me off to no end. I would have gladly taken her in. She was the most elegant, perfect cat ever.

Note: no, I didn't try to screw the cat, the parts don't fit.

Well, first thing, I don't know what LTR stands for.

That said, i answered yes because i have fallen in love with horse owned by other people, and i have been found out yo have fallen in love with such horses, however they had non zoo owners and the owners were not aware i was zoo, just thought i really like said horse, especially since it was always a stallion. Had said horse been a mare, they may have gotten wise to my love of the horse, but most non zoos cannot fathom a guy falling in live with a stallion sexually.

One of my XGFs swore that I only went out with her because of her cat.

A couple of years after we broke up, she had the cat put down for not much of a reason, which pisses me off to no end. I would have gladly taken her in. She was the most elegant, perfect cat ever.

Note: no, I didn't try to screw the cat, the parts don't fit.
That's so sad it ended so badly, that's always the very big and horrible downside to being in love with someone else's companion. So then you felt a romantic type attraction for the cat? Were you both able to enjoy any sort of zoophilic intimacy like anything along the lines of making out or oral sex at least?

Yes, I have fallen in love with an animal that was not "mine". She was with a very close friend of mine, but our relationship was encouraged and she lived with me off and on due to life getting in the way. She was one of the best dogs I've ever known and I miss her very very much. Losing her was the most pain I have ever felt. But, it was her time. I still think of her every single day and probably always will.

I haven't fallen in love with anyone else's companion but I am sure it could happen. If I felt it was possible I would be cautious around that animal.

I did. She lived with a friend and ironically I found her to be a pain in the ass at First. But when my friend moved away and I went to see him a good few times I had thought about her in a new light and thought she was incredibly nice looking.

It really came to light when I first came into my mates same room she came up and sat on me. Being a mastiff this was quite an accomplishment but I spent time with her and grew to like her. And in the end I fell in love.

Being my mates Dog I couldn't keep her or anything But I was glad to have won her Heart.

Back