Experiences with GSD girls? What can you tell me about them?

TropicalCritter

Zooville Settler
I'm thinking of finding a friend of that breed in a few years, when I get my own place to live. How are they usually sexually?

If anyone has experience with them, I'd appreciate the info. :gsd_happysmile:

there's no "usually", it's individual not breed-based... both theoretical libido and size of her equipment. tho with gsds being larger dogs, a fit should be achievable.
my girl is part gsd (kangal the other part) and before she had to be spayed for medical reasons, she asked for sex two or three times a week. i'm average "downstairs" and was able to fit her pretty comfortably. she also loved when i went down on her. still kinda does.

ps: please, don't pick a breed based on "sexual characteristics" random ppl on the internet tell you. your lifestyle needs to fit hers first.

there's no "usually", it's individual not breed-based... both theoretical libido and size of her equipment. tho with gsds being larger dogs, a fit should be achievable.
my girl is part gsd (kangal the other part) and before she had to be spayed for medical reasons, she asked for sex two or three times a week. i'm average "downstairs" and was able to fit her pretty comfortably. she also loved when i went down on her. still kinda does.

ps: please, don't pick a breed based on "sexual characteristics" random ppl on the internet tell you. your lifestyle needs to fit hers first.

Thanks for answering.

I know libido depends on each individual, but... Are you sure that breed genetics have no influence on libido?

That doubt arose because I have read a reasonable amount of comments and experiences that led me to think that the genes of each breed play a certain role in libido, regardless of the libido of each individual.

To cite an example, I have read quite a few comments assuring that labradors tend to be "depraved", and coincidentally my family's labradors and my uncles' ones confirm this. 😆

Sorry if I said it in a confusing way. It's not in my plans to choose a breed based on sexual characteristics. Knowing the labradors I could choose them, but I don't feel compatible at all with that breed.

I love German Shepherds, and would pick them anyway even if they had a low libido.

Are you sure that breed genetics have no influence on libido?
i'm not, genetics probably have some influence on everything, i don't think they actually dictate anything... i mean, a low energy breed like a great dane for example should logically have a fairly low libido, yet if you search around and read some stuff from dane owners, some with relatively high libido seem not uncommon.

i don't think it would even be possible to selectively breed a "high-sex drive" breed.. it's tied to more than just personality or general energy level within a breed. i don't think it's even set in stone for each individual. it's purely anecdotal on my part, but i know of at least one boy who showed very little interest in sex (besides when presented to a girl in heat) who turned into "i'll ask three times a day" after discovering a girl in heat is really not needed for him to get off.
my current boy is kinda similar, he didn't show much interest in sex for the first month i had him (which could also be linked to him acclimating to a new home of course) then his libido shot up once i made it known i'm available if he asks. tho according to his previous owner, he never really "chased girls" hence why they never mutilated him.
my girl got to have sex anytime she asked since her second heat. who knows what she'd be like libido-wise if she didn't have that.

To cite an example, I have read quite a few comments assuring that labradors tend to be "depraved", and coincidentally my family's labradors and my uncles' ones confirm this. :LOL:
Well, to piggyback off what @nekdoneco123 said a little, that probably has more to do with the fact labradors tend to possess, in the most positive way possible, a very high strung/neurotic temperament. That may exacerbate their individual libido and make them more pushy than a dog of similar libido who is much calmer and lower energy in general. I've found personally that dogs tend to be much more "assertive" about their wants when they haven't been exercised and tired out yet, which leads me to believe that could be somewhat applicable to breed temperaments as a whole.

Back