Dreams, Wishes, & Goals?

Lucky11

Lurker
What kinds of dreams, wishes and goals that you wanted to accomplish in your lifetime?

What's the one thing that you wanted to do for a long time.

Make a living as a musician. And I’m not talking about just barely getting by, I’m talking about Metallica status. Buying a Ferrari or two and a big nice mansion to drown in alcohol, literally. Then obviously pass away ⚰️ As George Strait would say “I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time”

1. Have a million-dollar net worth
2. Buy land and horses
3. ????
4. Profit

(Yeah I know, that's technically more than one goal)

Figure out how to have passive income and not have to work, buy a small farm with a few dogs and horses. Probably a few alpacas. Maybe just spend some time traveling the country in an RV.

What kinds of dreams, wishes and goals that you wanted to accomplish in your lifetime?

What's the one thing that you wanted to do for a long time.

One of my dreams is to live long enough to retire and be able to enjoy it.

Most of my wishes and goals have been attained in one measure or another, mostly through effort; not suggesting I've focused on this stuff 24/7, but consistent light effort can produce great results over time. I think some of that has been having goals that are actually attainable, if perhaps they seemed lofty at the time. To quote my favorite author, "In the long run men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, though they should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high." that, mixed with a good dose of "My greatest skill has been to want but little", has served me well.

All of my regrets have been situational; for example I sometimes regret leaving my cabin, but if I hadn't I wouldn't have had some of the many other experiences that have been very rewarding. We have to leave some paths to take other ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back