Dog shedding too much

What kind of dog do you have? Apart from feeding a balanced diet (Get those Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids in there) to improve general coat health, if you have a long hair or double coated breed, there really isn’t an option other than brushing them—I brush my dog twice a week, and it’s very relaxing for both of us. Turn on a podcast and just vibe with your best friend.

Double coated breeds blow their coat twice a year, and there’s a LOT of hair. Get something called a slicker brush, it works wonders for removing shed undercoat!

German shepherds usually needs a lot of brushing unless you have a different breed of dog, and bath him or her with a special ph balanced conditioner shampoo as well.

What kind of dog do you have? Apart from feeding a balanced diet (Get those Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids in there) to improve general coat health, if you have a long hair or double coated breed, there really isn’t an option other than brushing them—I brush my dog twice a week, and it’s very relaxing for both of us. Turn on a podcast and just vibe with your best friend.

Double coated breeds blow their coat twice a year, and there’s a LOT of hair. Get something called a slicker brush, it works wonders for removing shed undercoat!
Seconding all of this!! Brushing is sooo important to remove all that dead undercoat.

If you have the money for it, it's also very worth it to bring your dog to a good dog groomer. They have high-powered blow driers and specially formulated shampoos and conditioners to help release and remove undercoat. Not to mention you get to skip out on the cleaning up of the mounds and mounds of fur your pup will drop. 😂 Source: I was a dog groomer for ten years, and nothing was more satisfying than a good deshed.

+1 to high-power blowers if your dog tolerates them and you learn to use them safely. It's also better than towels to dry them and remove road grime after wet walks.

Diet. That’s one thing that makes a huge difference other than brushing if you haven’t been doing so. If the coat is dull and you have a good amount of skin dander a diet change can help.

My dog gets the groomer once a month, She's a Border collie.
But she sheds and sheds. I find piles of fur in my closets, I guess it gets sucked under the door.
and the side of my Tan colored recliner is black with fur, from where she rubs against it to wake me up.
I just learned to live with it.

My dog gets the groomer once a month, She's a Border collie.
But she sheds and sheds. I find piles of fur in my closets, I guess it gets sucked under the door.
and the side of my Tan colored recliner is black with fur, from where she rubs against it to wake me up.
I just learned to live with it.
Those fur balls always end up in the strangest little spots you'd never even think of... Definitely a struggle you just become unphased by.

Nothings a patch on a Malamute blowing his coat!
Have long haired and short haired dogs here, the Border Collies arnt to bad apart from 1 who is a real long haired thing, he needs some serious combing to keep in check, presas ok till maulting time and carpet/bed gos black, GSDx Husky is like a tame version of the Mal, ok till she maults, then its ridiculous for 3 weeks, mid coat GSD dog is pretty good for not shedding, but the Mal, if you never had 1 before, you really need to see it to beleive it, dunno how it can lose so much and not go bald. Trucks like driving in 1 of those snowglobe type things, blows around everywhere then out window!

Back