Dog afraid of dishwasher?

TedFox28

Tourist
BANNED USER
I have a 8-10 year old Husky and I just recently bought a dishwasher and every time I run it he turns into a panicked panting mess and I can not calm him down even after I turn the dishwasher off. I have to take him out of the house and let him slowly come back down. he is fine with the sink running and the bath running and the washer and dryer running. do dishwashers make noise like a dog whistle? Now I take him for rides in the car of for walking when I start the dishwasher so I don't cause him any stress. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

Yeah, my dog is pretty afraid of my pet mice.
What you could do, is slowly desensitize him to the sound of the dishwasher. Maybe get him into a room where the sound is still hearable but quiet and treat him, when he is calm. Decrease distance to the dishwasher when he is completely comfortable with it.

Yeah, my dog is pretty afraid of my pet mice.
What you could do, is slowly desensitize him to the sound of the dishwasher. Maybe get him into a room where the sound is still hearable but quiet and treat him, when he is calm. Decrease distance to the dishwasher when he is completely comfortable with it.
I have tried moving him to the room farthest from the dishwasher and closed the door(both of us not just him only in a room) so the sound with muffled and it helps.

just forbid him from being afraid - if you comfort then its gonna get worse

Hm I also got a dishwasher after I got Rex, but he's never had any problems with it. Same goes for my washing machine. The only thing that annoys him are police sirens, not even firetruck or ambulance sirens, only police. Lol.
Yeah and he doesn't react to fireworks. But hates linoleum. Crazy

dogs can be afraid of dishwashers or hate them the same way the dishwashers can be afraid or hate dogs. I suggest you keep looking on Tinder

I have a 8-10 year old Husky and I just recently bought a dishwasher and every time I run it he turns into a panicked panting mess and I can not calm him down even after I turn the dishwasher off. I have to take him out of the house and let him slowly come back down. he is fine with the sink running and the bath running and the washer and dryer running. do dishwashers make noise like a dog whistle? Now I take him for rides in the car of for walking when I start the dishwasher so I don't cause him any stress. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

Never witnessed anything like that personally, but dollars get you donuts there's an ultrasonic component to this. Yep, just like a dog whistle - Too high for you or me to hear, but he hears it fine, and I'd bet that to him, it's *LOUD*.

Never witnessed anything like that personally, but dollars get you donuts there's an ultrasonic component to this. Yep, just like a dog whistle - Too high for you or me to hear, but he hears it fine, and I'd bet that to him, it's *LOUD*.
I want to find a device that can pick up high frequency noise just so I can know for sure it is or isn't the case.

Back