Does ANYONE! know what dog bread this?

Lobo

Tourist
I have been trying to figure out what this dog breed is... I love great Danes not only for their size but also their beautiful harlequin coat breed. This however is not a great dan, nor is it a pitbull or a mastiff. I doubt it's a pitbull/dane mix maybe a mastiff/dane mix but I haven't found anything that looks like it when I google either of them. Please help! And thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-21-12-06-45-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-21-12-06-45-1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 213
Another term for an overweight dog. Could very well be an overweight Dane.
Aye that - Whatever breed it is, it looks like a tub of lard to me. Assuming it's male (I *THINK* I'm seeing balls, but it may just be a lighting artifact) I wonder if it would be possible to even locate its sheath, never mind actually DOING anything with it without causing it to drop dead of a coronary.

Aye that - Whatever breed it is, it looks like a tub of lard to me. Assuming it's male (I *THINK* I'm seeing balls, but it may just be a lighting artifact) I wonder if it would be possible to even locate its sheath, never mind actually DOING anything with it without causing it to drop dead of a coronary.
Sad thing is it’s probably not his fault.?

Not sure about the dog, probably a mix of a few breeds. If I had to take a guess dane, maybe mastiff, and another breed with erect ears.

However, for the guy, I'd imagine he's some sort of European mutt mix! Lol

I'd say cane Corso Dane mix ...
That's definitely a possibility. I didn't even think about a Cane Corso in my initial reply.

Here is a mix between a Great Dane, Cane Corso, and Mastiff that I pulled off of google...

1594353615152.png
It doesn't have the erect ears like in OP's photo, but that does look somewhat close.

That's definitely a possibility. I didn't even think about a Cane Corso in my initial reply.

Here is a mix between a Great Dane, Cane Corso, and Mastiff that I pulled off of google...

View attachment 89422
It doesn't have the erect ears like in OP's photo, but that does look somewhat close.
Don't forget that even the floppiest ears can be cropped to stand up. Not that I agree with doing so (for the most part, I'd just as soon castrate the dumbfucks that do such things, but that's another rant) but it is something that can and does happen.

Don't forget that even the floppiest ears can be cropped to stand up. Not that I agree with doing so (for the most part, I'd just as soon castrate the dumbfucks that do such things, but that's another rant) but it is something that can and does happen.
Agreed! Unnecessary body modifications such as cropping of the ears and tail docking that are done simply for aesthetic purposes, are unethical. It pisses me off when an otherwise very beautiful dog is mutilated in such manners. I've seen some cute collies that lost a bit of their appeal when they had their tails docked. Plus imo tails are sexy!

Agreed! Unnecessary body modifications such as cropping of the ears and tail docking that are done simply for aesthetic purposes, are unethical. It pisses me off when an otherwise very beautiful dog is mutilated in such manners. I've seen some cute collies that lost a bit of their appeal when they had their tails docked. Plus imo tails are sexy!

Some of the working breeds are better off without a tail, since they get it stepped on, hung up in stuff, and just generally beat to shit by virtue of them *BEING* working dogs. Far better, IMO, to have an aussie cattle dog's, ferinstance, taken off once, very early in life, rather than in sections throughout its life as he keeps breaking chunks off it from repeated injuries. Hell, I even knew a Lab like that once - she wagged so hard as her owner was leaving to get groceries that it looked like she'd smacked the end of her tail against the wall hard enough that she split the tip of her tail and painted the walls with blood splatters as she ran around the house, apparently wagging all the way. When the owner got home, talk about looking like a murder scene... Done with something like a chainsaw, maybe... On about 15 people or so! It *LOOKED* much worse than it actually was, thankfully. The actual wound was less than half an inch long, but since it was right at the tip, every wag must have been about like slinging a wet towel around. No amount of bandaging could keep her from breaking it open again and again and having the tip go putrid - sometimes in as little as a couple hours. She eventually recovered, but by the time she did, she was down to a dobie-stub. Turns out that's the way we should have gone from the start, but hard to foresee that kind of outcome. It took multiple "take another joint off the tailbone to get rid of the gangrene and try to sew the end shut - Again. OK, here's a bottle of a different kind of kidney-kicking antibiotics - you know the drill..." incidents to get her to the stub that finally healed. Would have been kinder (had we been able to predict it) to just take it in one quick snip at the start.

Given that it looks like a professional shoot Id agree that it isnt an over-weight dog, but would go with the Dane/Mastiff thinking too!

On a side note, why do some folks (mainly in the US Id say) favor pinning the ears up? It doesn't look good, and I personally never liked it! (Sorry... vent over!) lol ;-)

Could be a Pit bull/ Dane mix. The coat suggests Dane, while the shorter square snout suggests pitty. And i agree, what ever mix it is, it's sadly overweight.

View attachment 89422
That the closest I've seen. I got to be honest didnt even notice the that I wrote bread instead breed... that's why you proof roof folks. Damn autocorrect.

Some of the working breeds are better off without a tail, since they get it stepped on, hung up in stuff, and just generally beat to shit by virtue of them *BEING* working dogs. Far better, IMO, to have an aussie cattle dog's, ferinstance, taken off once, very early in life, rather than in sections throughout its life as he keeps breaking chunks off it from repeated injuries. Hell, I even knew a Lab like that once - she wagged so hard as her owner was leaving to get groceries that it looked like she'd smacked the end of her tail against the wall hard enough that she split the tip of her tail and painted the walls with blood splatters as she ran around the house, apparently wagging all the way. When the owner got home, talk about looking like a murder scene... Done with something like a chainsaw, maybe... On about 15 people or so! It *LOOKED* much worse than it actually was, thankfully. The actual wound was less than half an inch long, but since it was right at the tip, every wag must have been about like slinging a wet towel around. No amount of bandaging could keep her from breaking it open again and again and having the tip go putrid - sometimes in as little as a couple hours. She eventually recovered, but by the time she did, she was down to a dobie-stub. Turns out that's the way we should have gone from the start, but hard to foresee that kind of outcome. It took multiple "take another joint off the tailbone to get rid of the gangrene and try to sew the end shut - Again. OK, here's a bottle of a different kind of kidney-kicking antibiotics - you know the drill..." incidents to get her to the stub that finally healed. Would have been kinder (had we been able to predict it) to just take it in one quick snip at the start.
Indeed, I've also heard of cattle nipping at the tails of cattle dogs as well. I do understand that it might be necessary for actual working dogs and for medical purposes. Same with removing the dew claws, if they are outstretched and could potentially get caught and torn off, it's better to remove them. Although, they are small and tucked on my girls, so I haven't bothered removing them myself.

My main complaint is when it's done for purely aesthetic reasons alone. I've seen plenty of dog on craigslist being rehome towards families with their tails removed. Not to mention dogs like pitts and dobermans also get their tails removed as well. A lot of times it's removed because some people think it looks pleasing. That's what angers me off, when the modification isn't necessary.

Holy mother of necromancy Batman.

My money says euro genetics harlequin dane with cropped ears and tail and way way to much food. The camera angle isn't doing him any flattering favors and is making his face and legs look away shorter than they are, but he's way to fat anyway, common in euro danes and also why so freaking many of them have bad hip problems. Keep a massive dog over fleshed and he develops bad joints, shocking right?

Could be a pit male Dane female cross but I doubt it, camera man should be shot for such a terrible picture.

Dear lord lol.

It’s definitely an interesting looking dog. If it is extremely overweight, that’s a pity. Poor baby is probably struggling.

Attachments

• IMG_2980.gif
    IMG_2980.gif
    845.6 KB · Views: 4
Back