Doe heat as an attractant for other animals?

There is a substance called “Eau de Estrus”. It’s a liquid scent that mimics the scent of a bitch in heat. You can get it from dog breeding suppliers.

There is a substance called “Eau de Estrus”. It’s a liquid scent that mimics the scent of a bitch in heat. You can get it from dog breeding suppliers.
So almost as a science it would be quite fun. But test different Estrus from different animals on various males and see if they react.

Do some reading here. A) Few critters respond to the scent of another species heat. When they do, its a very closely related species. An Elk might respond to a Deer, or a moose to a Caribou, but a dog isn't likely to interest any of them. As the viability of a cross offspring fades, the interest will fade as well. B) Eau d'Estrus is largely ineffective and a waste of money.
C) The Urine Attractant Scents are intended to incite curiousity, and convince a buck that the area is safe, not so much to say to the buck " come hither, big boy, mama got some for you!" The question is only covered about twice a month.

Sorry to ask something already asked. K9s are attracted to human scents I know and I’d bet bovine deer and goats would be close enough.
some study to urine has been done and deer seem to even be slightly attracted to human urine. Like from either sex. Horses rely on scent big time or so it seems From what I have come to understand. I wonder what chemicals send that signal.

Sorry to ask something already asked. K9s are attracted to human scents I know and I’d bet bovine deer and goats would be close enough.
some study to urine has been done and deer seem to even be slightly attracted to human urine. Like from either sex. Horses rely on scent big time or so it seems From what I have come to understand. I wonder what chemicals send that signal.
Maybe in a lab....I spend a lot of time outdoors and it generally isn't so....Horses will go nuts trying to cover human urine scent with their own. I have had a young filly squat and piss while watching ME piss...and she's a mustang, wild as the wind. Bucks will piss in a scrape that a human has pissed in as well, but as a hunter, I will tell you....if you piss anywhere around your deer stand or you walk in it after you piss, you'll never even see a deer, let alone get close enough to shoot.
Dogs are around people all the time. They were bred to be. They are almost teenage wolves, but not quite. Their maturing stops shy of adulthood. They will be attracted to human scent....why not?

Back