Combatting Spam accounts and New Forum Rules.

Hello!
Recently joined member and working towards my ten posts with this one as my first. 😁😅 At least I hope that’s how it works.

I thought I was the only one getting annoying unwarranted messages about “how many have you fuck” “can you show me how” and the most annoying one “sorry I was drunk messaging people to see who replies back first” or “I have a question for you” I mean you’re sending a message put it all in one message and stop phishing. I hardly reply because 1 it’s bs and it’s always the same conversation, in other words you all boring and desperate. I mean aren’t we all? But make it more interesting instead of being all butt hurt being ghosted even thought I never asked you to message me nor do I fall for basic ass weak moves like that. Which is why I’ll also always be a single gay male

Due to the amount of spam accounts, we have restricted the PM function again.

-New accounts will be REQUIRED to make at minimum 10 forum posts in relevant sections (not fun and games) to gain access to the PM function. This is due to ongoing spam and harassment of newly made user accounts. Lurker accounts will NOT be able to PM until they have recieved atleast 10 forum posts.

Edit: This only applies to accounts created after this post. All older accounts are grandfathered in the old ruleset, so report them and we will ban them slowly over time.

-ZT

Unfortunately it may be necessary to prevents new accounts reacting to posts for a period of time based on what's been going in today.

Unfortunately it may be necessary to prevents new accounts reacting to posts for a period of time based on what's been going in today.
Indeed, BF had a minimum post count before newbies could rate members just to prevent hate spam like what's happening currently.

Could we consider a character limit for new accounts? Like till they can do PMs they can't have more than 2,500 characters per post?

I have already reported the guy to ZTHorse. You might want to set your accounts to private until we get rid of this guy.
He’s been around for a long time, this is just his most recent “attack” on the forum. He’s constantly getting banned, he just keeps making new accounts.

Eh, we won't be rid of him. He's been doing this for months and I'm not changing things up just to appease his sick mind.
This is the first time that I have encountered him, but I have not been on here as often as I have been in the past. Thanks for the heads up.

This is the first time that I have encountered him, but I have not been on here as often as I have been in the past. Thanks for the heads up.
he throws a fit once in a while which gets wiped very quickly with no lasting effects thanks to the mod team. must be very sad to think these little tantrums mean or accomplish anything...

Update.

Due to further spam, reactions had been restricted to users with 10 posts or more.
How about Profile Posts too? Nothing but public posting of chat IDs on profile cause "can't figure out how to PM" since the change.

This nit has been banned upwards of 300 times at this point. Average is probably once a day. It's basically a hole in the software.

he throws a fit once in a while which gets wiped very quickly with no lasting effects thanks to the mod team. must be very sad to think these little tantrums mean or accomplish anything...
Actually, they do have a result. He scares people off. At least five members do not come here anymore, since the advent of this rodent rectum into the public spaces of this forum, and we have one more who is about ready to hit the exit.

There ought to be a bounty on THIS nitwit....

This nit has been banned upwards of 300 times at this point. Average is probably once a day. It's basically a hole in the software.
He could also send spam via traditional postal service, put annoying stickers at walls at night and throw his rubbish into the streets. It's rather a fact of life that people can be annoying in a public space than a hole in the software.

There are still holes is the General section which is open to anyone to view.

Select a poster, go see what they've posted and you're into a hidden section.

IMO the General area has to be locked down much tighter so non-members don't see what is going on. Fun & Games should be invisible to the outside world.

Lol, quintessentially American, you must control everything.. ... stop resisting, I'm your authority. Here are the rules and I am your ruler. From a European point of view, such a life is not worth living.
You assume too much. @Zebby is from Europe. You're not a thought criminal, just a fool. Enjoy your stay while it lasts.

Back