Can I ask a very real question?

Lilly

Tourist
This has been on my mind ever since my fiancé talked about the idea of me with a dog...
there are no stupid questions right ?? 😂
We have a dog, he’s wonderful and I love him to pieces (even though he’s still a pup and a total terror lol) If we started something like this with him, how do we ensure that he only tries to do it with me? And not anyone that comes over, kids etc? Is that dumb to worry about? I mean how would the dog know the difference, I certainly don’t expect that !

It's not dumb but very smart to think about that. And you should train him to recognize sexy time and no sexy time.
Largely you being naked and on all fours would tell him a lot about that, but you don't want him to start licking you when you are sunbathing at the public beach.
Afaik people solve this with signals, like pavlov with his bell. You could buy him a sexytime collar with a bell that he only gets on when it is "time". Or only do it on a special blanket. No blanket, no sexy times.

It's not dumb but very smart to think about that. And you should train him to recognize sexy time and no sexy time.
Largely you being naked and on all fours would tell him a lot about that, but you don't want him to start licking you when you are sunbathing at the public beach.
Afaik people solve this with signals, like pavlov with his bell. You could buy him a sexytime collar with a bell that he only gets on when it is "time". Or only do it on a special blanket. No blanket, no sexy times.
Those are all excellent ideas. Thank you so much for your advice : )

This is a very common issue. From the start you should start doing the stuff on your own. No another one in the same room. Always use the same room, and try to perform the same pattern when it comes to sex. Also, you must have a little of "authority" on him, i don't mean to be rude or anything, but you must be able to show him when "NO IS NO". Then, dogs aren't usually lead to perform sexual stuff with other members as this is already rare for them from the start (they didn't even know they could have sex with you, that's it)

The only silly questions are the ones that don't get asked.

Same place same situation every time. Make it known that all other places are off limits.

Dogs are usually eager to learn and more eager to please. They catch on very quickly.

Back