Breeders

wouldn't be that surprising... i totally would raise dogs if i had the money to start. tho i'm not really "this one breed is the best" kind of guy so it would be pretty hard to pick which breed to raise.

I was wondering if any one in this lifestyle actually raise dogs in real life?
Within my family we raised GSD's for a period. My sister got Many different titles with the dogs getting right up to winning a national competition in a particular dog activity. We always gave puppy kits with detailed instruction on how to take the best care of their new family member and tried to check out people before we would sell a pup to them. However despite this and the fact we had a policy of taking any of our pups back, if you could not continue giving them a forever home; we still had 2 cases of people doing harm to our dogs. One person gave a pup to someone else and that second person tired of the dog too apparently so they cut off all his claws and dumped him in the bush. When he was found by someone he could barely walk and it was a miracle he lived. However all our pups were microchipped so when he was scanned at the vet we were contacted and nursed him back to health. His next home was verified so thoroughly that they could be trusted with the launch codes for nuclear missiles. This boy had to have the very best new family.

This is already enough of a downer for this thread I won't mention the second case, but sadly being a breeder who cares about all the pups like any zoo should is not always fluffy clouds and rainbows. There are of course many good stories of happy new homes for pups too. One girl really landed on her paws having a farm to live on and her own private spa pool and a doting older lady to spoil her.

Aww, did the cute puppy bump into the thread. Sorry but your profile pic is just so adorable.

Just on this very small sampling of respondents it looks like GSD's are the breed chosen by most zoos who want to breed dogs. What! You want a bigger sample size to get a more accurate statistic. Lar Lar Lar, I can't hear you, GSD's are the best. :gsd_laughing:

Ok, just for you I'll concede the German part to say shepherds are the best now Aussie Shepherds can be included. :gsd_grin:

I known and been involved with breeders that do enjoy seeing their males with a woman. But none of them would ever sell a pup och dog to someone they suspected was into this. That is what they told me.. they care to much about the dogs to send them to an unknown destiny. All serious breeders check out the buyers and want to stay in touch after the pup is sold so they know they have come to a good home.

Back