Any risks from a lot of oral with pets?

Bohb Billy

Lurker
So I was randomly thinking about it, is there any risk to our or their health to give or receive oral with our pets?
Like for example, would a dog get any health issues from eating someone out often over a long period of time? Or would eating dog semen over a long period of time affect us negatively?
Or really anything else like that?

Aside from brucellosis, there aren't a lot of zoonotic disaeases I can think of that are sexually transmitted from canine to human.
There are probably some I am overlooking, but the same as with human partners, if both partners are clean the risks should be largely non-existent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!
And I wasn't just thinking STDs, my mind was more similarly thinking of how you can throw off someone's PH scale, and all that kinda stuff.
But it's good to know you haven't had any noticeable issues!

Oh from that aspect, I think its a natural assumption. For the first year or so, I would "clean" his dick before it went back in his shealth. I would make sure to brush my teeth immediately before oral and would always spit out any fluids I collected out of precaution.

And then I realized that they literally pee out of that same wonderous pouch.

Its fine. The internal lining of the shealth is like a vagina in that its covered in mucous membranes that constantly flush out toxins. Any accidental slobber or other bodily fluids gets flushed out in the form of a mucuous type discharge that will absolutely stain bedding, your pants if he is a lap dog, and smear on the side of your arm when he walks over it.

I'm fairly sure I gave my female dog cystitis once, one of the only times I tried eating her out. While one round of antibiotics cleared it up promptly, it definitely set an important lesson for me (and out of me). You don't have to be a clean freak, but be reasonably cautious, and don't just blindly trust people who'll swear up and down that "it can't happen". My educated guess is that giving a male dog an UTI this way should be much less likely though (seeing how that's the way it works in humans, longer urethra and all)

I'm fairly sure I gave my female dog cystitis once, one of the only times I tried eating her out. While one round of antibiotics cleared it up promptly, it definitely set an important lesson for me (and out of me). You don't have to be a clean freak, but be reasonably cautious, and don't just blindly trust people who'll swear up and down that "it can't happen". My educated guess is that giving a male dog an UTI this way should be much less likely though (seeing how that's the way it works in humans, longer urethra and all)
This exactly. Giving your girl oral is not very dangerous, but it will introduce bacteria into her that otherwise would not be there. This can increase her risk for things like UTI. Remember this and try to be as hygienic as possible when you eat her out.

Back