Any musicians here?

My music experience comes from playing in a church choir and playing in conjunto gigs with my family.

I was just about to start a thread asking the same thing.
I am a bit of jack of all trades.
I excel at drums (and yes, I have a cowbell!), but play guitar bass, violin, mandolin, timpani, (clarinet a long time ago). I can compose with a piano but not play it fluently. I used to be in a ska band and I played in a couple of orchestras.

I play guitar, bass, drums, and used to play sax and trumpet. Give me a bit and I can learn how to play pretty much anything rather quickly.

Led Zeppelin, Crosby, Still, and Nash, Metallica, Blue Oyster Cult, and Pink Floyd are a few that I know how to play many of their songs.

I really wanted to learn cello, violin was so difficult due to the smaller size, I always wondered if cello would be a bit easier

I began with the violin and one day my professor had to go on a musical tour and the replacement prof was an ass so I tried the cello classes while he was gone. I fell in love with the cello and I kept playing since. It's easier if you have big hands like me and it sounds much nicer than the violin in my opinion. I love tenor instruments like the cello, the tenor saxophone, etc.

I began with the violin and one day my professor had to go on a musical tour and the replacement prof was an ass so I tried the cello classes while he was gone. I fell in love with the cello and I kept playing since. It's easier if you have big hands like me and it sounds much nicer than the violin in my opinion. I love tenor instruments like the cello, the tenor saxophone, etc.
well considering I already suffer from GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) whats one more stringed instrument :D

Oh, man, I miss working with a REAL living Drummer, would LUV to lay down some "RUSH" with ya. These lil programmable box's have no Improve or soulful feelings about them at all.
Nope. I mess around with some of the better simulators which come pretty close, but nothing beats the real thing.
And I'm in a similar boat: been looking for a good guitarist for awhile to jam with.

Thanks! It is the culmination of saving a little bit over the last two decades when I didn't have anywhere to put a kit. The wife thinks it's a bit overboard. I say he who dies with the most cymbals wins :ROFLMAO:
Preaching to the choir. Neil Pert has you outdone 500,000 times to Sunday. ;)

I've been wanting to do a zoo-themed online collaboration for long, there seems to be quite a few zoo musicians but none interested in doing it, maybe because they'd see it as going public with their sexuality even if they would do it under a pseudonym. Especially lacking a vocalist and lyricist, though i have some ideas, that's the part i'd really need help with....

I've been wanting to do a zoo-themed online collaboration for long, there seems to be quite a few zoo musicians but none interested in doing it, maybe because they'd see it as going public with their sexuality even if they would do it under a pseudonym. Especially lacking a vocalist and lyricist, though i have some ideas, that's the part i'd really need help with....
I've actually been working on a song (called feral none-the-less) about secret sexuality towards animals. Just vague enough to be safe, but leave it to the audience to figure out for themselves.

Back