Am I crazy or just a normal zoo

HugDoggy

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
Right so I have a question for you all:

When I'm looking through the posts and I see a cute avatar of an animal I say hello to them. I don't know why I say hello to a picture on a screen it's not like they can hear me after all. So am I completely bonkers or do others find themselves doing this as well.

If the real animal was in front of me I wouldn't even question it, you just say hello to someone when you see them, animal or human alike. But I've never found myself saying hello to a picture of a human. Maybe it's just an attraction thing, who knows, any thoughts?

They don't here you offcourse but still i think it's a form a form of politeness, you can't say fuck off or something . After all they read it later. So, its not crazy to do

They don't here you offcourse but still i think it's a form a form of politeness, you can't say fuck off or something . After all they read it later. So, its not crazy to do
Thank you kindly for your reply, but I'm not sure you understood what I was saying. There would be nothing to read later. I was just meaning I verbally say hello when I see a cute dog avatar for example. I don't think about it at all, it just comes out of my mouth and then I feel a bit silly. :gsd_grin: I will also say this is not a very serious question I don't really have an issue with this perfectly innocent eccentricity. I was just curious if other zoos did this sort of thing also when they see cute animals. :gsd_happysmile:

Hey, you are not hurting anyone and training yourself to say hello to others, even if it is just their pics, their avatars. Nothing wrong with that.
We are strange creatures in a strange world living through strange days. We even go to the cinemas to watch Doctor Strange, so just embrace being strange! 😉

Hey, you are not hurting anyone and training yourself to say hello to others, even if it is just their pics, their avatars. Nothing wrong with that.
We are strange creatures in a strange world living through strange days. We even go to the cinemas to watch Doctor Strange, so just embrace being strange! 😉
Well that was a very "strange" response. :gsd_wink: :gsd_happysmile:

Last edited:

When I'm looking through the posts and I see a cute avatar of an animal I say hello to them. I don't know why I say hello to a picture on a screen it's not like they can hear me after all. So am I completely bonkers or do others find themselves doing this as well.

If the real animal was in front of me I wouldn't even question it, you just say hello to someone when you see them, animal or human alike. But I've never found myself saying hello to a picture of a human. Maybe it's just an attraction thing, who knows, any thoughts?
Well... that sounds a bit weird, but also kinda cute. Just be proud of who you are, I still have to know a human who isn't strange in some way (including me) ;)

I just thought of a good zooy "strange" reference you over looked: Dr Strangelove. For many our love for animals is quite strange, and heaven knows there's been a few wonderful animals that made me feel like I was going to fire off like an atomic bomb with the intimate gift they gave me.

Normal is a relative thing in this situation.

What is normal for you may not be normal to someone else and vice versa.

As long as you are comfortable with what is normal to you why would you give a fuck what anyone else thinks or has to say?

Normal is a relative thing in this situation.

What is normal for you may not be normal to someone else and vice versa.

As long as you are comfortable with what is normal to you why would you give a fuck what anyone else thinks or has to say?
Well, I was just curious if my actions were unique to me, or a common trait of other zoos. As for caring what others think of my actions I don't really mind what others think of what I do, this foible of my personality harms no other living thing so I'm fine with it. Perhaps I should have worded the original question differently. I certainly wouldn't try and change even if anyone did disapprove.

Well, I was just curious if my actions were unique to me, or a common trait of other zoos. As for caring what others think of my actions I don't really mind what others think of what I do, this foible of my personality harms no other living thing so I'm fine with it. Perhaps I should have worded the original question differently. I certainly wouldn't try and change even if anyone did disapprove.
No I understood the question perfectly fine and I would bet that even if you weren't zoo that you would still love animals in the more traditional sense that society accepts.

There's nothing wrong with your behavior............................it's just you being you!!

In the line of work that I am in I deal with a lot of clients and customers in their homes and I always have or make time to pet and say hello to a dog or cat so your behavior is far from odd or strange!!

It's actually perfectly normal.

No I understood the question perfectly fine and I would bet that even if you weren't zoo that you would still love animals in the more traditional sense that society accepts.

There's nothing wrong with your behavior............................it's just you being you!!

In the line of work that I am in I deal with a lot of clients and customers in their homes and I always have or make time to pet and say hello to a dog or cat so your behavior is far from odd or strange!!

It's actually perfectly normal.
Well that is probably part of it. I do see a lot of dogs in my work and truth be told I tend to remember their names far better than their human's name.

Well that is probably part of it. I do see a lot of dogs in my work and truth be told I tend to remember their names far better than their human's name.
I can certainly identify with that. For years I worked in the race horse business and I liked the horses far more than the people involved.

I can certainly identify with that. For years I worked in the race horse business and I liked the horses far more than the people involved.
Yeah, I've done my time with the thoroughbreds also, but the split shift hours were murder. When you work with animals though, it's amazing what else you are willing to put up with from the humans involved. I stuck it out in one job for a long time because I worried what would happen if I wasn't there to look after the animals properly. Because the business owners sure the hell didn't care about them. As long as they could put up a good front so it looked liked they cared, then all was wonderful despite what was actually happening behind the scenes.

Back