Always been interested and thought I was alone

standupguy

Tourist
I’ve been interested in the connection between animals and humans since I can remember. But I’ve always felt like I was broken for it. My family was very conservative and the idea of sexuality as a whole was regarded as a “sin”. I figured I was pretty much going to hell the first time I got licked by the dog. Crazy!

I’m better now 😂

Glad to hear ur better now, and ur definitely not alone :) it's important to have some likeminded friends/people to talk to. Sadly I've no real zoo experience yet but really wanting to change that ASAP!

I’ve been interested in the connection between animals and humans since I can remember. But I’ve always felt like I was broken for it. My family was very conservative and the idea of sexuality as a whole was regarded as a “sin”. I figured I was pretty much going to hell the first time I got licked by the dog. Crazy!

I’m better now 😂
@standupguy , I have walked many miles on this very same path in my life. I'm happy to hear that you're "... better now". I only hope it was easier for you than it was for me. 🐕

@standupguy , I have walked many miles on this very same path in my life. I'm happy to hear that you're "... better now". I only hope it was easier for you than it was for me. 🐕
Idk about how easy it is. Still walking the path of secrecy. Depriving myself to appear “normal”. That gets old fast

I’m better now 😂
I'm glad you're better, now, and I'm sorry you went through that. It's often understated how much psychological damage it does for people to grow up believing that they are going to hell.

Back