Aggression during sex?

unsurepup

Tourist
Not sure where to ask this but I have to male's and when I let them mount me the one gets very aggressive with the other even if I separate them during session... once they are calmed down they still seem to have issues... anyone have any ideas how to solve this I thought about muzzles but I don't want to go that far if there is something less restricted that I could do

It's not at same time... they are separated but as soon as I'm done the younger one get aggressive even with the older not wanting anything to do with it... maybe I will try leaving them separated longer maybe 10 minutes isn't long enough.... but other than that they are best buds they will even share food or treats .. just confused why sex is the only trigger

Are you sure you are the boss here?
You must be able to stop them, and while you can't allowing them to mount you (submussive act) might not be the message you want to transmitt.

I understand there is tension between both at all times.
I would suggest getting a (good) dog trainer pay a visit at home and tell how he sees it and give you some tips (and tell him you are not considering neutering, you could reach that solution all by yourself without paying him 😛)

Not sure what he thinks but he stops when I call his name, I have to usually get them to lay down for a few ...I don't know of a trainer around me.. no tension all the time .. well thanks for the replies... I will just try keeping them separated longer

Not sure what he thinks but he stops when I call his name, I have to usually get them to lay down for a few ...I don't know of a trainer around me.. no tension all the time .. well thanks for the replies... I will just try keeping them separated longer
Good.

Still, ask some dog owners or vets around. Sure they know someone to help.

Your goal is not to keep them separated, but that they can be together without tensions. (not necesarily about sex)
Many times it can be as easy as walking them together, or might ne more tricky. But you need someone knowledged to *see* them and give you a couple of pro tips.

But yes, sex can be a big problem if both are present and sure right now it is a good idea to have only one at the time. Still, think the other one *will* smell and know what happened 😎

Back