Adopting a furry friend

It’s not. I hope to adopt an older dog for companionship and give it a good life. I hope the dog will recognize me as a partner but if not I will continue to care for it as well as I can.

In general a shelter will sterilize the dogs, only exception, maybe, being when it becomes unsafe to do so. There may be exceptions, but it's pretty standard western fare to scream sterilize, like they are trying to wipe out a species.

Your best bet is private re-home, or raise a puppy, and play the long game building a bond until it's old enough to explore further adventures. With puppies, beware of contracts with sterilization clauses.

It’s not. I hope to adopt an older dog for companionship and give it a good life. I hope the dog will recognize me as a partner but if not I will continue to care for it as well as I can.
It is my experience that people referring to nonhuman animals as "it" tells me all I need to know about them. c:

Do any shelters have animals that are not neutered.
we feel your concerns, but theres nothing you can do do help the animals if you wanted to adopt an intact animal - nazi policy is nazi policy and there are lots of karens enforcing it

and the policy is there not because of you or zoo people in general

I know dog's and all non-human animals are treated as second class citizens, but I find it hard to believe that a medical procedure can be mandated by the breeder.

Unfortunately it can in a lot of places. A lawsuit could bankrupt you, and/or cost you the dog, if you fail to follow the contract.

I have had both complete relief, and psycho Karen responses to people asking if I have a contract and if there's a sterilize clause, and finding out I don't mandate or support genital mutilation.

I know dog's and all non-human animals are treated as second class citizens, but I find it hard to believe that a medical procedure can be mandated by the breeder.
It's crazy in the US. Almost anything can be enforceable as long as it's in a contract.. I've noticed a shelter in a small town I lived in years ago where someone sent a dog to a shelter when she was in heat. I've noticed their terms were they are to be fixed after a certain time or they use whatever to take the dog back. Though some shelters you have to already get through their hoops of "If your place isn't perfect in our eyes, you're not fit for a dog."

You should make it where they can't fix your pup's if you haven't already

Catch 22, because sterilization is so prevalent in the west, they would likely find a way to make an anti-fix clause non enforceable, just because.

But they'll grant, without a second thought, a win to a breeder with a sterile clause.

Ive been telling people "the choice is yours, but follow science, wait until 18-24months, if you do"

Back