A sincere apology.

ZTHorse

Retiree
Staff member
After all the discussion, debate, and also receiving counsel and advice from many zoos, and the mod team, I wish to say I was mistaken. That there is the toxic types who are here only to troll, or otherwise unaware of their positions can be seen as trolling. That there will always be that 1% of people on a online community that will be divisive.

I hope and still believe that people can change their viewpoints, and that was the premise behind me even making this sub a free speech zone. I believe that there is troubled zoophiles in the exclusive realm that need help and censorship isn't the answer. Instead, we have to protect the rights of even the small minority including opinions that are toxic in of themselves. They shouldn't be silenced but allow debate to see if these things are true or false.

This sub will remain a free speech space, as well as the fetish sections. This is because there is legitimate grievance's that still need debate in these sections and these differing opinions can been seen as offensive. If these discussions get out of hand, they will be sent to the dumpster fire.

When a toxic OP starts a obviously divisive thread, it will be sent to the dumpster fire. If the thread gets flamed, it will be sent to the dumpster fire. Only the threads in the free speech zones will get dumpster fire treatment, other areas of the forum are treated under the standard rule set.

Again, my sincerest apologies to you all and I wish to continue making the forum better for all and welcome to all.

-ZTHorse

Last edited:
it was a good try, unfortunately some are not willing to loose the hate long enough to even think resonalbly ( or at least what most would agree is reasonable)

@ZTHorse, I would point out that there is a reason why almost every established forum community on the Internet, everywhere, has that kind of "food fight" area. They genuinely don't want to silence anybody, just like you, but there are other people on the forum that want to...maybe talk about something pleasant? It's sometimes the only way you can defend some people's right to throw public tantrums with other people's right to just hang out and talk about life.

A person doesn't have to be intentionally a troll to be toxic. Sometimes, a person has just genuinely had a very hard experience, and that person is not dealing with it very well. I have been through times in my life when I was a toxic person, not because I meant to be a jerk but because horrible things had happened to me. I would try to start a conversation with the best possible intentions, but then I would get into a temper and start saying horrible things.

Just because a person does not intend to be horrible doesn't mean that that person is always going to be able to reliably produce content that belongs on this particular forum.

No need for apologies ZT.

It's OK to assume and hope the best from people - I'd actually prefer you and the moderators take that tack anyways. It makes for a nicer forum than others in the past. Glad you found a way of dealing with the situation, and keep up the good work. I'm thankful this place exists!

I think it's best that we as people remained civilized in our love for animals. This forum's a wonderful place for all of us to talk, discuss and have fun with each other in a community setting, and it's one of the only of it's kind. Remember whenever there's a discussion here to keep an open mind and heart, and that we all have different experiences and lifestyles. At the end of the day, Zooville's our home, and I know this all sounds really cheesy, but please, remember that no matter who/what you are in life, to always be a nice person, and treat others with dignity and grace.

thanks for making the dumpster fire. i can only hope that all the people that left in exasperation before it was created come back.

Back