Can dog saliva get me to fall sick ?

I love making out with dogs and especially the feeling of having their saliva in my mouth. Could that cause me to fall sick ? Was curious and wanted to know if anyone is aware of the science behind it
I've had so many dogs lick me inside my mouth for the last 51 years of my life that if it were a real problem, I would've known it by now. From what @OffgridK9lover shared, it can happen, but is extremely rare indeed.

Last edited:
Im so glad it's not. French kissing with a dog is some of the most romantic/erotic stuff i've ever done with them. Everything from the scent to the taste to the feel of them joyfully asserting themselves.

It would almost be worth your organs shutting down!

Unless the dog is sick or licks/eats dirty things while brought out for a walk, his saliva won't cause any problem.
I usually get kissed and had problems.

Unless the dog is sick or licks/eats dirty things while brought out for a walk, his saliva won't cause any problem.
I usually get kissed and had problems.
wrong, very wrong. You have no problem becuase YOUR body does not have immuno dysfunction, The bacteria are in all dogs, healthy or other wise.

Quite some people are alergic to dogs saliva even in airborn doses. In that case, I'd avoid kisses at all costs.

But in any case, if it was your case you would already know 🤷

Other than this, the usual keep him healthy, do not do it after he has been chewing rat poison, yadayadayada

So if I am immunocompromised (have to because medical stuff) I should avoid it????!
Because so much of this can be transmitted simply by owning a dog, I'd ask my doctor about dog ownership. Any pet ownership, really. A dog often will lick a person's hand, and then the person touches his/her face (eyes, mouth, nose). So no kisses are even necessary.

Hope this helps... 🐕

I’ve heard dog’s saliva is pretty dirty which is part of why dog bites in humans are so nasty. I worked in an outpatient clinic and I had a guy who ended up with some pretty aggressive surgery Due to infection in a dog bite he didn’t seek treatment for at the time of the injury. I’d be very hesitant or mindful when exposing myself to their saliva. I’m not a doctor but in my opinion, the risk is certainly there.

I’ve heard dog’s saliva is pretty dirty which is part of why dog bites in humans are so nasty. I worked in an outpatient clinic and I had a guy who ended up with some pretty aggressive surgery Due to infection in a dog bite he didn’t seek treatment for at the time of the injury. I’d be very hesitant or mindful when exposing myself to their saliva. I’m not a doctor but in my opinion, the risk is certainly there.
Not really.
Trouble us a dog bite gies deep. If something is left inside when the wound closes, bad things happen. Can just be a dimple abcess that needs opening, or a septic mess.

About dogs dirty mouths, there was a girl that made the science project at school about that. Went in the street and asked people for samples from their mouth and their dogs, that was delivered to a lab for analisis.

In the end it was about the same dig and owner, except one tent more to gram positive while the other to gram negative 😁

Not really.
Trouble us a dog bite gies deep. If something is left inside when the wound closes, bad things happen. Can just be a dimple abcess that needs opening, or a septic mess.

About dogs dirty mouths, there was a girl that made the science project at school about that. Went in the street and asked people for samples from their mouth and their dogs, that was delivered to a lab for analisis.

In the end it was about the same dig and owner, except one tent more to gram positive while the other to gram negative 😁
yup, all ways bleed out a wound and clean it! how humans forgot this basic thing is beyond me

I love making out with dogs and especially the feeling of having their saliva in my mouth. Could that cause me to fall sick ? Was curious and wanted to know if anyone is aware of the science behind it
I love saliva ... Everyday. And I never had anything. But it's my dog

I've been snogging dogs for the better part of 20 years and not gotten sick yet :)

However, if you have any immunodeficiency or can otherwise get sick very easily, worth not trying or consult your doctor prior to enganging in a tongue war with your animals.

Im so glad it's not. French kissing with a dog is some of the most romantic/erotic stuff i've ever done with them. Everything from the scent to the taste to the feel of them joyfully asserting themselves.

It would almost be worth your organs shutting down!
Yep, i agree with all of that!

Back