Apartment Update

Euadonis

Tourist
I did not get the apartment. The back rent owed (Thanks again, Sis!) showed up on my rental history. Not the amount, but that I owed /something/.
So they turned me down.

All rental help agencies are tapped for money at this time of year, and don't get more until July and..well..They ONLY help IF they have money at the time I get an apartment, and IF my rental history is preventing me from getting it.

So if the stars don't align; they don't help.

So I'm looking at probably not getting an apartment until I pay off the $3000 my sister racked up not paying her part of the rent. Which I can't do, because guess which of us is also paying for the internet (my way of thanking the people letting me sleep on their floor), AND paying the large storage unit fees for BOTH our stuff?

Hint: It's not her.

So I'm depressed, and angry nearly to tears, and also just..don't know what to do anymore. Without help, I'm probably going to be on the street for the rest of my adult life, but I can't ask for that help because none of my friends have that kind of money, and people online? As kind as they can be; that's a large chunk of change to take on faith.

Edit; Sorry, someone walked into the kitchen, so I had to cut my post short.

Edit 2: As I was saying, before I lost my train of thought, asking is not really in the cards, because that is a large chunk of money. Shysters are everywhere and, even if some people were willing, I don't really have any way to prove all this.
And it may be the fact that my life has been nothing but being stepped on for other people's gains, but I just can't ask anyone to take such a thing on faith, you know? I'll keep giving updates, but I don't want to bother people here, and it looks like it's boiling down to 'Still homeless, probably will be until I'm 60'.

Have a good one, folks.

Last edited:
Don't give up. Your luck will change.
Thank you :) I don't tend to give up easily. I get discouraged and upset, but I don't give up. :)
I have a friend maybe willing to co-sign on a loan, but that's no guarantee I'll get it. I wanted to get just what's needed to pay off the rent owed ($3000). She says I should go for $4000 or even $5000, so I can pay off the rent, and then pay off all the debt an abusive jerk put me in from 2010 to 2016 & get my drivers license back.

At least then, I could save up for a car and be completely self-sufficient again. Or just use the extra (if I go for 5k) to get a car. It's a good idea. I just have to balance what I ask for over what the monthly payments would be. As it is, factoring in all bills & the highest rent I could possibly pay on a rent-assisted apartment, I only have around $160-200/month to work with.

Thank you :) I don't tend to give up easily. I get discouraged and upset, but I don't give up. :)
I have a friend maybe willing to co-sign on a loan, but that's no guarantee I'll get it. I wanted to get just what's needed to pay off the rent owed ($3000). She says I should go for $4000 or even $5000, so I can pay off the rent, and then pay off all the debt an abusive jerk put me in from 2010 to 2016 & get my drivers license back.

At least then, I could save up for a car and be completely self-sufficient again. Or just use the extra (if I go for 5k) to get a car. It's a good idea. I just have to balance what I ask for over what the monthly payments would be. As it is, factoring in all bills & the highest rent I could possibly pay on a rent-assisted apartment, I only have around $160-200/month to work with.
Take care of one thing at a time

@Euadonis

You really don't have anywhere else to go? No friends, family, nothing? Not even a car to live out of?
I'm sleeping on a friend's floor. But her, her BF (who lives here) and my sister (who is sleeping on their couch) all smoke indoors. And I'm a non-smoker asthmatic.
I've had my first case of bronchitis since sleeping on their floor. x.x

My family..Well, my mother lives in Florida, and about 10 years ago, the tax people she went too screwed up doing her taxes, and they did not find out until 5 years ago (these numbers are not quite accurate, but close). She ended up owing the government about $10,000 in overpayment. So she can't help.

My extended family are the type of people who think 'If you need help, you did not do enough to deserve it.'. It's a BS mentality meant to make them feel better about never helping anyone.
If they even KNEW about this, they'd be calling my mother and complaining about how we're failures, and she screwed up raising us, and etc. etc.
And they would NOT be offering to help.

And no, no car. As I said above; I need to un-fuck part of my life an abusive a-hole screwed up. That included losing my car (it rusted away when I needed new brake pads I could not afford, and, in an attempt to find a job as far away from him as possible, I ended up with a parking ticket. Since my my bank account was always over-drawn by him, I could not pay it, or buy the brake pads. It's been on my drivers license for about 6 years. I can't even pay it online or over the phone, because it's not in their system anymore.
I'd have to go from north-central Massachusetts to Worcester to pay it in person, without a car to do so.

So yeah; fun, fun. And the loan hearing was rescheduled to tomorrow; the person bringing me forget she has a job interview today.

Last edited:
Update: The meeting was cancelled. Had to apply online. My friend has to call in and say she is co-signing, but I did all I could. Asked for $5000 over 40 months to pay back, which is $125 a month.
This would allow me to pay off the rent, the old parking ticket from the abusive a-hole, and eventually get a car. Though with everything shut down at the moment, I don't know how long until I'm approved or denied, or how long until my name comes up for an apartment again. I can't get a car until I get an apartment because I have no place to park it, but I can pave the way for that day, and even use some to replace the pots and pans I had to throw away when we were evicted, because my sister left moldy food in them for months at a time. I mean, SHE did not buy them so taking care of them was lo priority to her.

And as I type this, the downstairs couple are screaming and slamming doors, the neighbor in apartment 6 has let 25 homeless into his apartment today to do drugs in safety, and the drunk below apartment 6, in a rage at the noise, is blaring his music loud enough to make the floor vibrate.
Oh, and the landlord thinks the viral outbreak is 'fake news', and refuses to talk to apartment 6 about the homeless he lets in every day. So probably only a matter of time until I'm sick. :cautious:
These homeless spit in the halls as they come in and out. I have a bad leg but I will NEVER touch those railings. Ick. :sick:

Edit: And in incredibly minor news, my corsair headset is starting to lose connection at random, so I may have to save up to replace that, since I'm pausing videos/stopping games anywhere from 1-20 times a day just to unplug it and plug it back in. It's really minor, but more icing on this cake. o_O

Update: The meeting was cancelled. Had to apply online. My friend has to call in and say she is co-signing, but I did all I could. Asked for $5000 over 40 months to pay back, which is $125 a month.
This would allow me to pay off the rent, the old parking ticket from the abusive a-hole, and eventually get a car. Though with everything shut down at the moment, I don't know how long until I'm approved or denied, or how long until my name comes up for an apartment again. I can't get a car until I get an apartment because I have no place to park it, but I can pave the way for that day, and even use some to replace the pots and pans I had to throw away when we were evicted, because my sister left moldy food in them for months at a time. I mean, SHE did not buy them so taking care of them was lo priority to her.

And as I type this, the downstairs couple are screaming and slamming doors, the neighbor in apartment 6 has let 25 homeless into his apartment today to do drugs in safety, and the drunk below apartment 6, in a rage at the noise, is blaring his music loud enough to make the floor vibrate.
Oh, and the landlord thinks the viral outbreak is 'fake news', and refuses to talk to apartment 6 about the homeless he lets in every day. So probably only a matter of time until I'm sick. :cautious:
These homeless spit in the halls as they come in and out. I have a bad leg but I will NEVER touch those railings. Ick. :sick:

Edit: And in incredibly minor news, my corsair headset is starting to lose connection at random, so I may have to save up to replace that, since I'm pausing videos/stopping games anywhere from 1-20 times a day just to unplug it and plug it back in. It's really minor, but more icing on this cake. o_O

Oh god I didnt see this message.. keep yourself isolated and stay safe.

Oh god I didnt see this message.. keep yourself isolated and stay safe.
Thank you! :) I'm staying as safe as possible, what with 2 of the people in this apartment at food service and a halfway-house jobs respectively. So they go into work at the moment, which means a risk of bringing it back.
Still, I've done all I can; my friend is calling to co-sign on the loan tomorrow. I'll just be a nervous mess until I hear back from the bank. :)
Been playing the SevTech Ages modpack for minecraft to distract myself, but I can't convince my group of gaming friends to play. :p

I did not get the loan.

Apparently banks are hesitant to give loans to homeless people, even though I need the loan to NOT be homeless.
So unless I find some philanthropist willing to help me out & let me pay them back over months, I'm basically shafted:
My disability is not enough to get an apartment without rent assistance.
Rent assistance will not give me an apartment until I pay off the owed rent.
My sister (who is at fault for ALL OF THIS) spends her money like water, and it's not on HER record, so she will never pay me back
And if I get a job, what I earn is taken out of my disability, so I will literally earn $0 overall. Basically: If I earn $300 a month, my disability goes down by $300 giving me a net gain of $0.

So unless I find help, I'm looking at being permanently homeless. I don't want to open a gofundme but..what else can I do at this point? Though given my luck so far, I feel like it would fail; I've never been a success story. Plus I'd be doing what I said I don't want to do; ask strangers to help a stranger. And with the virus outbreak and jobs closing, only someone crazy rich would be able to help. Or multiple people to spread the charity over a wider base.
But that would still be asking people to give money to a complete stranger.

At this point, I just don't know what I can do.

But thank you, everyone, for your well-wishes through all this. And sorry if these posts bothered anyone.

Edit: The housing authority finally got back to me. My rounding up was a bad idea, as I had forgot the EXACT amount.
It's less than I remembered, but still allot: $2,154.44

Last edited:
☹☹☹☹☹

I am so sorry to hear you have to go through this. And they have the nerve to do this to you in the middle of a nation-wide medical emergency? Fuck.

At this point, if you have to open a go-fund-me page, do it. You are almost homeless - don't wait any longer.

(Of course those crooked banks wouldn't help - banks are in for their own gain at everyone else's expense.)

☹☹☹☹☹

I am so sorry to hear you have to go through this. And they have the nerve to do this to you in the middle of a nation-wide medical emergency? Fuck.

At this point, if you have to open a go-fund-me page, do it. You are almost homeless - don't wait any longer.

(Of course those crooked banks wouldn't help - banks are in for their own gain at everyone else's expense.)
Would people be okay with me opening and posting a crowdfunding link here? I'd want a mod to okay it before I do something like that. The last thing I want to do is get in trouble or get kicked out, or just alienate people in this community.
But you're right that I have to do something. I AM homeless; I sleep on a friends floor, and if the landlord ever finds out; I'm gone.

You'd have to ask the mods about that.

It sucks that you're disabled - and if disability gives you less than 1500 a month, then it's no surprise that you're in this predicament. :(

You'd have to ask the mods about that.

It sucks that you're disabled - and if disability gives you less than 1500 a month, then it's no surprise that you're in this predicament. :(
I get $752 in disability.
150 is paying for the internet here, since they are letting me sleep on the floor.
142 goes into the storage unit. (Sis is not helping pay for that)
27 goes into paypal credit (To build my credit score)
13 is amazon prime
and 15 is humble bundle (I'm a Partner, and I need that to stay so I can get income via humble bundle purchases when people use my link to buy games. It's not allot, but I make about $100 every 6 months. Or DID, when I was streaming games)

That leaves me $405 to use on toilet paper, toothpaste, and food.

I'm being open about this, so people know just why I'm in the problem I'm in.

I did make a fundly account but I have not heard back from the admin I messaged to see if it was okay to post such a link here.
If anyone wants to look at it, and read the whole story, please PM me. As I said before; I don't want to get in trouble or lose this community.

I did make a fundly account but I have not heard back from the admin I messaged to see if it was okay to post such a link here.
If anyone wants to look at it, and read the whole story, please PM me. As I said before; I don't want to get in trouble or lose this community.
You'll have this community as long as it's online, but if you are homeless, your priorities would be to stay alive, have decent shelter and getting yourself out of homelessness any ("legal") way you can.

You'll have this community as long as it's online, but if you are homeless, your priorities would be to stay alive, have decent shelter and getting yourself out of homelessness any ("legal") way you can.
Yeah. With my leg, I can't do many available jobs that are around here. Plus, as stated above; I don't actually earn any extra money if I DO work. Truth be told; my town has a massive homelessness problem. The shelter has a 3 month waitlist. That's also why all low-income housing lists are years-long in my town and surrounding towns.

So the crowdfunding is my only chance. It already has one donation, which is a happy surprise. Fingers crossed for more! :)

This will probably be my last update. Just so I don't bother people here.

After the first day and first donation, my crowdfunding page has been quiet. I SHOULD be getting the full stimulus check, however.

That, plus the donation, puts me at $694 short.

My sister, having not done her taxes in years (because it would all go to her child's father), and because she owes child support, will not be getting a stimulus check to give me for her fault in all of this.

I never heard back from the admin I PMed, asking if I could post my crowdfunding link here, so I cannot do so, operating on the theory that it's better to err on the side of caution. I do hope they're okay and healthy!

The reason I do not post the history of what happened here is because it's bloody LONG. This whole mess is the capstone on nearly 10 years of bad luck, abuse, and general crazyness.
If anyone does want to read it, just PM me. I will share the crowdfunding link, not because I'm trying to push it in anyone's face, but because the whole story is there. That's just the best place to read it and see the proof. Which is emails from the head of the company running the apartment complex we got evicted from.

But yeah, I'll stop after this.

Stay safe and healthy, and thank you for reading.

This will probably be my last update. Just so I don't bother people here.

After the first day and first donation, my crowdfunding page has been quiet. I SHOULD be getting the full stimulus check, however.

That, plus the donation, puts me at $694 short.

My sister, having not done her taxes in years (because it would all go to her child's father), and because she owes child support, will not be getting a stimulus check to give me for her fault in all of this.

I never heard back from the admin I PMed, asking if I could post my crowdfunding link here, so I cannot do so, operating on the theory that it's better to err on the side of caution. I do hope they're okay and healthy!

The reason I do not post the history of what happened here is because it's bloody LONG. This whole mess is the capstone on nearly 10 years of bad luck, abuse, and general crazyness.
If anyone does want to read it, just PM me. I will share the crowdfunding link, not because I'm trying to push it in anyone's face, but because the whole story is there. That's just the best place to read it and see the proof. Which is emails from the head of the company running the apartment complex we got evicted from.

But yeah, I'll stop after this.

Stay safe and healthy, and thank you for reading.
I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this! ??? Please take care of yourself Euadonis!

I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this! ??? Please take care of yourself Euadonis!
Thank you! Someday, I will be over it, and I'll value my eventual apartment even more for having gone through it.
I mean, right now, I'm going to be grumpy and stressed and angry. But later, I'll value what I earned by having gone through this! :)

Well..I'm giving an update instead of making a new thread, to avoid spamming.

It's nearly the end of April:
No one else has donated to the fundly, which is understandable. I'm an internet stranger and many, MANY people have lost their jobs or lost family members, or just have not been able to work. People don't have the money to be giving to a stranger. They don't have the money for themselves, which should be first and foremost.

There's also 4 more weekdays of April left, and I have not gotten my COVID stimulus check. The website says they can't find any details on my account, but I am disabled, so it should be getting directly deposited into my bank account, so I think I was flagged as not getting one, or just fell through the cracks. 'We can't find it' can mean they can't find it, or that I was denied. Really informative.
Of course, this whole setup means there's no phone number I can call, or email address I can email. If I was missed, I'm just screwed with 0 way to fix it.

So I'm feeling very low. It does not feel like there's an end to this, or that I will have an apartment soon. I'm still #48 on the nearby waitlist, and I check it on the first Friday of every month.
As I said before; if they pull my name, and I have not paid off the rent my sister stiffed me with, then they will ignore me. The next earliest waitlist I"m on at that point is still sitting at 3+ years.

So that's the update. I thank everyone for their well wishes, and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and as sane as possible in these trying times.

I wrestled with doing this update, as it has been 3 months, but I did not want to leave people hanging.

The fundly failed. It never saw another donation. Again; understandable. The world is in a sucky place right now for everyone.

I got my stimulus check, but most of that went towards fixing what teeth I have left. Due to the 6 years of abuse, apparently some chipped spots that were rather small became rather painful cavities. And my health insurance is free, so they have a standing policy of 'Yank them'. It was my canine/eyeteeth though, which my dentures hook in to, so I had to save them. That was out of pocket and ate all of my stimulus check.
I was just in too much pain to ignore, though I tried.

So I'm still floating around $1000 short of paying off the rent owed. I'm working on slowly fixing my credit score in small ways, to hopefully float a loan from my bank for that amount. Apparently a low 600 is not enough, as I tried just a few weeks ago.
The problem with being poor is having a low credit score, which you need loans and credit cards to fix, but no one wants to GIVE you said loan or credit card because you have no money and a low credit score. o_O

So yeah. Still struggling to find a way to pay it off. Thankfully, I'm still high on the wait lists that GIVE me a position number. Most don't. So while I could start moving downwards on said lists at any time, I still have a bit of time left.

I want to thank everyone again for the well wishes. :) I'll figure something out someday. Just got to go day by day until I can.

Back