Zooville Feedback and bug reporting thread.

The homepage https://www.zoovilleforum.net/ is completely blank for me now. The response headers are

Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/1.18.0
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 22:51:18 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Encoding: gzip
X-Cache-Status: HIT

but there doesn't seem to be a message body with HTML transferred. Other pages except the homepage work fine.
Like-wise here

The homepage https://www.zoovilleforum.net/ is completely blank for me now. The response headers are

Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/1.18.0
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 22:51:18 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Encoding: gzip
X-Cache-Status: HIT

but there doesn't seem to be a message body with HTML transferred. Other pages except the homepage work fine.
I get the same thing. I'm glad it's not just me!!
Yep, you're not alone - Main page is unobtanium, other pages, good to go.
Like-wise here
Hang tight, we're looking into it, but it might take a bit of time.

18:49 PST Observation: Still no front page. Got here by pulling up the page from "Earlier Today" in my history.

Everything else seems to be working, except for the front page. Weird! Even had some notifications to look at, including Floof's and Waffle's posts here.

I got the message: “to many redirects “
Only tried front page because I always use the ‘private setting’ in my browser to avoid digital trails on my computer.

Yep, at 07:00 PST, front page still doing the "too many redirects" thing. "Sub-pages" (perhaps you've got a thread bookmarked, or you pull up a page out of your history) seem to be good to go, but any attempt to get to the main page (putting www.zoovilleforum.net in the address bar, hitting the "forums" button, or hitting the "logo" link) gets either nothing at all for as long as you care to let it keep trying, or a "cannot load/too many redirects" type message. Behavior identical for all the alternative addresses shown at the bottom of each page, too, except the ".ws" one, which has consistently been a "Server not found" for as long as I can remember.

Seems to be intermittent now (09:33 PST) - Sometimes I get a long delay, then the page finally pops up. Other tries for the front page do the redirect thing we've been seeing. No visible reason for it - only the differing results. Just had one try for the main page happen jiffy-quick, then two fails, then another that took a while, but eventually got there. With various "go to pages in my history" that worked just fine in between.

Seems to be intermittent now (09:33 PST) - Sometimes I get a long delay, then the page finally pops up. Other tries for the front page do the redirect thing we've been seeing. No visible reason for it - only the differing results. Just had one try for the main page happen jiffy-quick, then two fails, then another that took a while, but eventually got there. With various "go to pages in my history" that worked just fine in between.
Yes, but I don’t like to leave a digital trail on my computer, so I always use ‘private’ settings, so my browser deletes the history.
Well, today this approach causes inconveniences.

It seems we are being DDOS'ed currently on the main page however, the rest of the pages are viewable.

Here is a temporary alt until we can determine the attack vector.

Uh... Deja vu? That URL appears to land me at the main page - At least, when it doesn't intermittently time out and/or throw the "too many redirects" error that we've been seeing for the last... Uhhhh, I'm gonna call it coming up on 36 - maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less ...hours.

Up now. Has been with no access at all for hours even on other pages. Responses from server but landing on an error page.

Woukd that be WG in coalition with russian hackers and anonymous... *groan*

Been looking around trying to figure out what is happening here, and finally found a direct topic link that got me in, to be able to search the forum. Glad it's at least a known issue, and not just me.

I am getting a lot of errors and failed connections and insecure alerts trying to open zv over tor as well. Looks like we pissed off a few bed bound antizoos.
I hope I had some part in that. :D

Last edited:
Notice put up for all users. Please bookmark this alternative route to the forum board.

also clicking the zooville logo can get you back to the main board.

Last edited:
Notice put up for all users. Please bookmark this alternative route to the forum board.

That doesn't work. It redirects right to zoovilleforum.net, which can't load under attack.

Do you have control over the web server and firewall?
Maybe some rule in the style "any IP creating more than X connections in one second gets blocked for Y minutes"

Maybe some rule in the style "any IP creating more than X connections in one second gets blocked for Y minutes"
Furry site inkbunny will lock you out of loading the main page if you visit it as little as 3 to 4 times in a few minutes.

Easy enough in most systems, depends on what's in use. Does tend to cause issues for some aggregating gateways like some VPNs, tor, etc where multiple users are NAT'ed to a single IP (PNAT).

I wish that were correct - but so far as I can tell, nope. Click the logo, find yourself looking at a blank screen (true for me as of about 4 minutes ago)

What I find heartwarming is that ddos attacks are usually bought. So someone is wasting money (crypto usually) on this ineffective attack that leaves one single page of the forum inaccessible for a limited amount of time.
You can literally navigate the entire rest of the forum using the other pages it provides.

Back